RAF Manston 44-45 scenery

Thread: RAF Manston 44-45 scenery

RAF Manston 44-45 scenery

RAF Manston 45 FS9 by Ian Elliot 05/20

Manston's my local airfield, i live about a mile east of the main runway, this scenery represents the era from
    around 1944-45
    This is a FS9 version of the FSX 1945 scenery i made a while back, i haven't been able to use exactly the same objects but i got pretty close, most objects are by myself, although ive used some of Ted Andrew's RAF buildings, and a few from Gary Burns (Gary20)

The statics are by Alphasim freeware, they can be removed by removing "MANmeatboxs" and "MANtiffies" bgl's if you should want to, although im getting really good frame's, so you shouldn't need too :-)
    A big shout to Shessi, for helping with the Meteor statics, they were really giving my a headache to convert, Shessi made up a really good library,and im guessing the 616 skin is from Morton.
    So if you want to go Meteor flying, hunt down Mortons repaints for the Alphasim model in the CFS2 British repaints section, which works fine in FS9

The only downer, is some rather ugly cliff's on the northern perimeter of the airfield, i could probably fix this with ADEX, but theres no function in the 9 version.

Have fun, ian

Thanks Ian & friends, for yet another version of your home airfield! I think I have had all version you made so far installed, so I will definitely install this one as well

Cheers,
    Huub

Many thanks for this Ian.

My favourite airfield you've built, from your early CFS2 version to this one, used them all.

And yes I noticed those 'cliffs'. I mean the land does go down to the north towards the Thames etc, but not like that...let's put it down to an extension of the North Downs..ha ha. But be good if you could fix it, and yes you should be able to make the corrections in ADEX and then open that in ADE9, then export to Fs9.

Cheers

Shessi

Just an observation, but shouldn't the runway be wider, IIRC it was laid down as a "3 bomber" 750 ft wide runway to facilitate emergency landings by bombers returning from ops over Germany.

Basically the runway was effectively 3, 250ft wide runways, side by side, it was one of 3 in the country, the others being Carnaby, and Woodbridge

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Manston

Ttfn

Pete

I always forget something , you'll need this installed into your FS9/scenery/world/scenery folder
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you!

Thanks Ian & friends, for yet another version of your home airfield! I think I have had all version you made so far installed, so I will definitely install this one as well
    I counted 5 in the SOH library , i think there's a few more really old ones at Flightsim. Obsessive? not me

Your skills have improved a lot over the years Ian. And as always............ the next one will be the best!

Cheers,
    Huub

Apologies for bumping up this thread....

You may find this linky interesting Ian;

https://www.manstonhistory.org.uk/ma...ayout-history/

ttfn

Pete

Thats a great site Pete, ive always loved the 616 SQ Meteor shot, I asked Shessi for some Meteor scenery objects just so i could recreate that photo. The Spitfire guardian has moved about a bit over the years. Originally, it was by the road behind the control tower and then moved to the position in the pic, then back across the road, with an old Javelin and Canberra to keep it company during the 80's, now it is fully restored and undercover in a visitor center and museum, and i visited it a few weeks ago just before we went into our second lockdown.

Here is an alternative ADE file incorporating the correct runway lay out you pointed out earlier, i actually did it a few months ago and then completely forgotton about it, save the original somewhere safe just in case--
    Attached Files Attached Files

Members who have read this thread: 0