FSX/P3D Blackburn Beverley XB261.zip

Thread: FSX/P3D Blackburn Beverley XB261.zip

FSX/P3D Blackburn Beverley XB261.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Military aircraft

Description: The Blackburn Beverley was a four-engined, medium-range high-capacity transport. Its first flight took place in June 1953 and a total of forty- seven aircraft were built. The Beverley had an outstanding ability for packing and dropping heavy loads of up to 22 tons and, aided by powerful propeller reversing and a sturdy fixed undercarriage, it was able to land and take off at very small and makeshift airstrips. Employed on a wide variety of military and humanitarian missions, for the ten years of its active service life it was the R.A.F.'s proverbial no-nonsense workhorse. To date, only one Beverley survives as a museum piece (whose fate hangs in the balance). The model comes with an ILS and GCA-capable VC, variable intensity cockpit lighting, and propeller reversing. Two textures are included, XB261 representing a fictional reincarnation of the third production aircraft, and XM109 as painted in the 'Middle East' camouflage scheme of the final batch.
    Models and textures by Manfred Jahn, flight dynamics by Wayne Tudor, and soundset by Ted Wolfgang.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX/P3D Blackburn Beverley XB261.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Re. XB261

Hi,
    I don't use FSX so am unable to comment on your model other than to say that XB 261 was Boscombe Down's aircraft during my time there and for a few years after. Screenshot of my old FS2004 effort attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XB261_18Apr14.jpg  

Chris, I still have that model, too, originally created for FS8. Yours is actually a more authentic repaint of XB261 than my fictional one. I saw 261 and took pictures of her when she was at the museum at Southend. Sadly she was scrapped, as was the one at Hendon, and we don't know what's going to happen to XB259 still standing at Fort Paull.

Members who have read this thread: 0