Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
Bill,

Reviewing your reports I now think it's likely the errant sounds may be due to some sort of duplicate setup. The suspect item in particular would be the file "GCA_dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau". You do have that in the Beverley's panel folder and a separate panel\GCA folder, don't you? (Just asking because some simmers habitually copy all such stuff to the main gauges folder.) Two additional tests along these lines come to mind:

(1) Rename "GCA_dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau" in the Beverley's panel folder to "BEV_dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau" and edit the corresponding gauge02 of [Window03] in panel.cfg.

(2) (Errant calls still present) Run a file search in FSX to find duplicate instances of "GCA_dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau". Temporarily disable (rename) them and test.
Hello again Manfred,

Yes the files are where they should be (I don't copy them into the main gauges folder).

(1) I did as you suggested and the Beverley worked fine the first time I loaded it but then I shut down and restarted FSX and on loading the Beverley the second time unfortunately the issue recurred.

(2) Checked both FSX and the rest of my computer (as sometimes I find things can lurk in odd places that you don't even know about) and no duplicates of that file present.

I also thought I would try your GCA equipped C-47 release which also includes an AILA setup to see if that was showing any similar issues but that loaded perfectly on two separate occasions.

Clearly this has to be something to do with my set up as I seem to be alone in experiencing these persistent callouts, which makes me wonder if SimStarterNG is playing some role although the fact that the Beverley issue persisted when I started FSX without using that utility suggests that it is not involved. Searching through my setup the only other thing I wondered about was a program called vLSO (Virtual Landing Signal Officer) which comes with the SimWork Studios Midway Battle Group and contains audible instructions for approaching a carrier. However the voice in vLSO is completely different and there is no doubt that the voice I am hearing is the male voice from the GCA_... wav files in the panel\GCA\calls folder. However just in case it might be connected in some way I also deactivated vLSO and started FSX and that made no difference.

So, although it remains a mystery, I am very happy to be able to say that it is not affecting my enjoyment of this excellent aircraft!

Bill