Blackburn Beverley Uploaded - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Beverley Uploaded

I initially thought that the M= on the tool tip for the condition levers meant that I had to (left) click somewhere in the middle of the levers themselves hehe.

Regarding the red beacon on top of the fuselage: Is there anyway to prevent the cockpit flashing red also (apart from switch the thing off! ) thanks. EDIT - perhaps altering its position in the config file, but then that would move it away from the beacon on the model I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Indeed, I seem to have mixed up a few things, too many paints at the same time, I do apologize!
    I never use thumbnails, and I forgot to delete them here. But I hope the final textures were OK?
    Yes, well up to your usual standard. Thank you for creating them.

Quote Originally Posted by HighBypass View Post
    I initially thought that the M= on the tool tip for the condition levers meant that I had to (left) click somewhere in the middle of the levers themselves hehe.
    Regarding the red beacon on top of the fuselage: Is there anyway to prevent the cockpit flashing red also (apart from switch the thing off! ) thanks. EDIT - perhaps altering its position in the config file, but then that would move it away from the beacon on the model I presume?
    Yes, you can do that because the beacon is both hardcoded in the model and a light effect in aircraft.cfg. So if you disable the effect in airaft.cfg you lose the reflection in the VC, but the hardcoded light will still be there.

SOH-CM-2021
    The texture for 47 Sqdn is just fine thank you Jan. The ground crew have worked very hard to get a shine like that on it.

Den.

John, thank you for the Arabco livery. It's my favorite movie.

Captain Towns thinks we will be in Benghazi by late afternoon. After all, it's just a routine flight across the desert...

Any chance of textures for F.S.X.

a. Thanks Nagpaw and John for the great Arabco, and Silver City textures. I am stuck with FSX Acceleration for the next 12 months. Is there any chance of these textures for FSX,

Best Regards.

Catboat,

All my works, including the Silver City textures, are for FSX I never made the jump to P3D, and now I’m waiting on FS2020. Let me know if the textures don't work (although I’m not seeing them in the library yet).
    America never stopped being great.

Same thing, all my textures are for FSX.
    FAA A&P, FE (TURBOJET),AMEL COMM INST DC-8 & B767/757 TYPE RATEINGS
    FCC GROL

I don't have FSX any more, but I see no reason why mine shouldn't work
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I don't have FSX any more, but I see no reason why mine shouldn't work
    I can confirm that they work very perfectly in FSX - I have installed your Beverley textures as well as many of your P3D repaints for other aircraft in FSX and I don’t think I’ve had a problem with any of them. Many thanks for all your great work which I really appreciate.

Bill

Beverley Update - V1A

Just uploading to the Library (also to Flightsim.com): Version V1A (full package to replace V1).

New or revised features:

- black square on tailplane of FSX model removed
    - BOOST gauges replacing MAPs as discussed in this thread
    - Power Placard with recommended Boost/RPM settings added to main VC panel, also copied to checklist
    - increased fuel tank capacity
    - max RPM raised to 2800
    - revised Readme Notes

Hopefully available soon!

--Manfred
    Last edited by mjahn; June 5th, 2020 at 06:30.

SOH-CM-2021

I'm using FSX-SE, and have no problems with the textures.

British Air Ferries Beverly

Just uploaded, another fun what if scheme. This time what if British Air Ferries had used this as well as the Carvair to haul cars and cargo across the channel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg   fsx 2020-06-05 13-04-21-72.jpg   fsx 2020-06-05 13-03-57-80.jpg  
    FAA A&P, FE (TURBOJET),AMEL COMM INST DC-8 & B767/757 TYPE RATEINGS
    FCC GROL

Quote Originally Posted by 511Flyer View Post

I'm using FSX-SE, and have no problems with the textures.
    Where did you get the Whistling Wheelbarrow from please?

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Just uploading to the Library (also to Flightsim.com): Version V1A (full package to replace V1).
    --Manfred
    Doesn't seem to be there just yet, but thank you for the heads-up!

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    Where did you get the Whistling Wheelbarrow from please?
    It's an AI one, Flightsim.com, by John Young

Ttfn

Pete

The Update Works Great...And Another Texture Set

Manfred,

I just reinstalled the update and can report that everything works fine. Brilliant! What a wonderful piece of work. I don't remember what you said, and I can't find the discussion up-thread anywhere: is there any plan to remove the cargo doors and install air deflectors for heavy equipment dropping? No big deal...just curious!

And here's my latest paint. XM107 of No. 84 Squadron, circa 1964. This is the first time I've tried to reproduce an actual non-fictional aircraft color scheme. What fun! I just uploaded it here, and I hope everyone likes it. Again, please let me know if you see anything wrong or something upon which I can improve!

Edit: I uploaded the wrong photo! The colors in this screenshot are distorted and not accurate of the actual textures!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XM107_No_84_Squadron.jpg  
    Last edited by nagpaw; June 5th, 2020 at 19:31. Reason: Wrong photo.
    America never stopped being great.

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    It's an AI one, Flightsim.com, by John Young

Ttfn

Pete
    Thank you, I'll look that up and get my hammers out.

If you want a good flight, try Beihan ( a default FSX airfield ) Yeman (Aden) 200 miles north of Khormaksar, close to the Saudi border, the British had an outpost there with a long runway, regularly resupplied by Beverly's. long enough for the occasional 8sqn Hunter also, If you have a good mesh of the area, there's some rather large mountains around the area.

bit more info here--
    https://southeastbranchadenveterans....rthur-1964-65/

PS, Im looking at the screenshot of the Argosy next to the Beverly, either there's a problem with the scale of the Wheelbarrow, or the Beverly was even more massive than i realized

Just grabbing the latest Beverley now.

Ian - I'd taken off from the stock Aden in FSX:SE whilst testing the Beverley. Thank you for providing info for a more purposeful flight and the link to some wonderful colour photos! Incidentally, what would have been a standard route for getting a Beverley from the UK to Aden in the first place please, if anyone could point me in the right direction (yes, I know.. south south east! )

SOH-CM-2021
    Perhaps modesty prevented Ian from mentioning that the RAF Khormaksar scenery is his? The readme contains the information on where to get the Argosy and Hunters.

I've seen the Hunters fly, but not the Argosy.

Den.

what would have been a standard route for getting a Beverley from the UK to Aden in the first place please
    Probably RAF Lynham or Abingdon to Malta(Luqa) or Cyprus (Akrotiri), Down the Suez canal, into the Red sea , folowing the coast of Saudi Arabia to your east, i'll see if i can find some maps, There were other base's used , but those 2 ive mention'd are already in FSX. Someone else may chip in and provide more info.

I've seen the Hunters fly, but not the Argosy
    I never did a proper traffic for the Argosy's, only static im afraid

SOH-CM-2021
    While in the RAF, we flew to Aden via Malta, El Adem, Khartoum, and then Khormaksar.

That was carrying ground crews for some RAF Hunters, which had to stop more often than our Hastings.

While in the RAF, we flew to Aden via Malta, El Adem, Khartoum, and then Khormaksar.
    A quick look online and this is the prefer'd route, In those days you could fly through Libya
    Last edited by ian elliot; June 6th, 2020 at 09:47.

Just knock'd up somewhere to fly to, OYBN, Beihan, Yeman. Just a few obs to give it life, you'll need my Khormaksar installed for the obs. just unzip into your Addon scenery/scenery folder

Attached Files Attached Files

Members who have read this thread: 5