Windows 7 setup

Thread: Windows 7 setup

Windows 7 setup

My old XP finally gave up the ghost. Thankfully I placed all my Theaters and missions,A/C, objects, etc. on another H.D.
    A friend is setting me up with a used Dell Optiplex 790 with i5 3.1 GHZ ,8 GB DDR3 and a 512 MB Radon video card.
    I think there is somewhere some instructions or a sticky as to how to set up for this sim With Windows 7.

Hi Highpockets,

I Think you do not want to install the files in the default directory (program files).
    I created a file folder in the root directory called combat FS and installed all my theaters in it.
    Works great. The other thing is to make sure you have windows7 safe panels in your AC.

Hope this helps,
    B24Guy

Just was told it is Windows 10.

Library Staff
    Oh dear, there's a thread that's being going for five years on Windows 10 - good luck!

This guide I wrote maybe able to help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w4M...XMWaDAL85/view
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thanks guys, but now I am not sure what i am going to get. I asked my friend t take it back and find me another used one. My other HD would not fit in the low profile case .

Got the extra HD to fit in the case in the Dell Optiplex 790. Windows 10.
    I send my CFS 2 exe ( no CD) from each install on my "E" drive to the "C" drive as a short cut ,renamed it to proper install name, right clicked on the icon, select properties, select compatibility tab-select Windows 7,select "'run as administrator"close and click on the icon.
    Up comes the cfs2.exe, click yes and away we go!
    Graphics and FPS great. I can live with the cfs2.exe coming up each time unless someone has a solution.

Members who have read this thread: 0