Does windsock work well?

Thread: Does windsock work well?

Does windsock work well?

Sorry for maybe dumb question but does windsock work in P3D with real direction of wind?

I never check it in the Net but I always see different angle of windsock than... my wind in P3D (for examle with Active Sky)
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Sorry for maybe dumb question but does windsock work in P3D with real direction of wind?

I never check it in the Net but I always see different angle of windsock than... my wind in P3D (for examle with Active Sky)
    from memory the stock p3d sock objects do not work, if you want a live sock you will need to use SODE objects which you can find in their SDK on how to add it.

if you want a live sock you will need to use SODE objects which you can find in their SDK on how to add it.
    I believe (though my mind could be playing tricks) that later versions of P3D (e.g. >4?) brought back built-in, conditional state/visibility programming (I.e. not requiring 3rd party addons... though SODE still seems the go-to example)... Others can confirm though.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Stock windsock works for me - P3Dv4.5 hf3.

Members who have read this thread: 0