Default C-130 -> Soft panel -> Don't really work??

Thread: Default C-130 -> Soft panel -> Don't really work??

Icon5 Default C-130 -> Soft panel -> Don't really work??

Hi,

Was wondering in V4.5 (and also in V5 i think) you got also a C-130 with so called "softpanel", looks like a real "J" model cockpit.

However, none of the knobs or keys in this VC work/function. Is this normal?

On the P3D forum the question is also raised yet no real reply...

Anyone?

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Hi,

Was wondering in V4.5 (and also in V5 i think) you got also a C-130 with so called "softpanel", looks like a real "J" model cockpit.

However, none of the knobs or keys in this VC work/function. Is this normal?

On the P3D forum the question is also raised yet no real reply...

Anyone?

Marcel
    Yes, this is normal. A lot of people are disappointed with it (me included) and is why as I understand most people just stick with the EICAS panel since it's more functional. The CS C-130s largely haven't truly been updated much since FS2004. Even after Lockheed-Martin got licensing for them. It's only been updated to be visually compatible with the newer sims. The old cockpits and even the models haven't been updated in probably close to 10 years. I think with Version 5 they actually went to the models and applied PBR to them, but that's actually it to my knowledge. This is why people have started modding them to bring the visual models up to current times etc.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Some talk on the P3D forums, but it comes down to learning to use the SDK and Scaleform gauges which has samples. I'm surprised no one has taken that on yet and I foolishly looked it over. I'm at the point of just merging in the Iris C-27J VC/gauges or deep dive into the SDK.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 0