Tunisia Scenery Problem

Thread: Tunisia Scenery Problem

Tunisia Scenery Problem

Hey Guys,

Last week I returned to my MTO Install after a long time. There are a lot of new sceneries that I didn´t have installed yet, like the cities of Pisa, Venice and Rome, the latter with new airfields. Achim´s French and Italian fields, with new ones added. And the GSL ports by Dombral and Rami, also with additional locations.Thanks a lot for all this!

While checking out a few places I happened across a strange thing around Bizerte, Tunisia.The coastlines don´t fit with the mesh and landclass, similar to the issue that we had in parts of Sicily and southern Italy. For this there is a scenery file that fixes the Problem.

Does anyone else have These issues around Bizerte? Is there maybe a fix that I´ve missed? I have all the Afnor files etc installed and do not think that I missed anything with the installation…

I also have an entry in my airbases.dat file for an airfield near Bizerte, but no airfield. I traced the airbases entry back to Captain Kurt´s 82nd FS Campaign. Kurt, if you read this, did you build an airfield there that didn´t make it into the Campaign, or intended to make one?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Library Staff
    Hi Wolfgang,

I have a double coastline around Bizerte. It's on my list of things to do. Here is a picture showing the aerodrome and the double coast in the distance.

Cheers,

Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bizerte.jpg  

Kevin, thanks for the picture!
    That looks much better than what I have! On my install I also see double coastlines in the area of the airfield,the city and all around the place. Something must be completly messed up… But it is only in the area of Bizerte, further east towards Tunis everything looks as it should, and also to the west towards Algeria the coast is as it should be.
    Could you maybe post a copy of vour scenery config file, so I can compare it with what I have?

And where did you get the airfield? I can´t find that anywhere.

Cheers,
    Wolfgang

Library Staff
    Wolfgang,

You're right - Bizerte seems to be missing from the library. Perhaps it was never uploaded. In any case, here it is.

Cheers,

Kevin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Icon22 Reply...

Kevin,

The scenery was never uploaded IIRC because it was always considered to be a "beta;" Jean Bomber never completed it. It may be possible for others to finish it, but we all have our own projects going on, so I think this one will have to wait for a while.

I DID include it in the Beaus in the Sand auto-installer, including GSL. It may be in Pedestal / Mezzagosto as well.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Bizerte

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Kevin,

The scenery was never uploaded IIRC because it was always considered to be a "beta;" Jean Bomber never completed it. It may be possible for others to finish it, but we all have our own projects going on, so I think this one will have to wait for a while.

I DID include it in the Beaus in the Sand auto-installer, including GSL. It may be in Pedestal / Mezzagosto as well.
    j'ai complété le Bizerte de Jean Bomber ville port base aérienne pour l'installer dans la campagne aéronavale de Tunisie en insistant sur les opérations de ravitaillement de l'axe ( Me 323 Ju 52 SM 82 Fiat G92 Me 321 et He111Z contre P38 et Beaufighter ) j'ai de nombreuses photos mais mon ordinateur refuse de les charger comme pièces jointes , dommage , si quelqu'un a une idée pour réparer la panne j'ai aussi une campagne des Aléoutiennes une bataille de Midway revue et corrigée et un Pearl Harbor et une campagne de Méditerranée de juin 40 à 1944 avec l'opération Torch et de belles images de bateaux anglais et italiens
    Amitiés à tous
    Dombral

IIRC the airbases.dat included in the 82nd Fighter Campaign was started with the airbases.dat from Beaus in the Sand so they would be compatible.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thanks a lot for your input about the airfield, guys!

To get back to my original problem with the crazy coastlines, Kevin, may I ask you to post a copy of your scenery.config?
    The coastlines in your picture look much better than what I have, maybe by looking at your scenery file I can find out what‘s wrong with my install.

Library Staff
    Wolfgang, I've just emailed you my MTO scenery.cfg with hopefully not too complicated explanations.

Kevin

Thanks, Kevin, got it!

I found the solution for my problem in Rami´s Beaufighter campaign. There are some files for Jean Bomber´s Afnor scenery, which I missed. After addind them, the coast around Bizerte now looks as in Kevin´s picture above, and the airfield is also there.
    There are still some false coastlines some distance away from the harbor, and also on the lakes to the south, but I can live with these.

Members who have read this thread: 1