Shessi B17D RAF skinpack UT

Thread: Shessi B17D RAF skinpack UT

Shessi B17D RAF skinpack UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: Boeing B17C RAF Skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the Boeing B17D by Shessi for CFS 2. I used Shessi's model to represent the RAF's Fotress I's which were actually B17Cs, but are visually similar.

Because of the variety of roles used, I created 2 separate aircraft installs. There is a B17C bomber, & a B17C ASW. The difference is within the dp file, they are assigned to GB instead of USA, use different payloads, & are assigned to different categories (bomber is level bomber, ASW is tactical bomber).

Included is a modified dp file (gun data changed for AI performance, Kelti exhaust effects etc.). The AI 50 cals will behave as scare guns, lots of tracer, opening up at a longer range, but inaccurate. Just don't stay behind them for too long, those rounds will still hurt when they hit you! The dps use GB weapons (Bismark's Beaufighter weapons, Gavin Cole's Allied Radar Aerials, Baldy's MkVII Depth Charge, Shessi's 250lb depth charge & PStrany's Hudson weapons).

I revamped the airfile so she behaves better as AI & holds formation.

I've also added WIN 7+ 2D panel bitmaps, & created a level bombing bombsight as a fixed window.

Lastly, I created a contrail effect for use with one of the Greenghost gauges. Unfortunately it only works with the Player aircraft, but it is a cool effect!

The textures are:

B17C Fotress I bomber

AN521 WP-K as delivered to 90 sqn RAF, Polebrook, Northamptonshire May 1941
    AN530 WP-F as operated by 90 sqn RAF, Polebrook, Northamptonshire July 1941
    AN532 WP-J operated by a detachment of 90 sqn RAF, Shalufa Egypt November 1941

B17C Fortress I ASW patrol

AN518 NB-B operated by a detachment of 220 sqn RAF, Shalufa Egypt February 1942
    AN537 NR-L operated by 220 sqn RAF, Nutts Corner Northern Ireland October 1942

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to

Shessi for his undoubted skill in bringing us a wide variety of aircraft for use in this old sim..

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt
    MAY 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Shessi B17D RAF skinpack UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon22 Reply...

UncleTgt,

These are outstanding repaints...the ASW variant is kind of surprising and cool! I apologize for not making this a "sticky" yesterday; I took the kiddos down to Cape Cod yesterday to give my wife a chance to sleep after her nursing shift. She's been burning the candle pretty heavily with the pandemic afoot.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thanks UncleTgt. Lovely work!

With these repaints this will have a home in every WW2 theatre.

Lovely stuff UT,

Thanks for the kind words and the feeling's mutual...there's life is some of the ol' models yet...

Many thanks for the two tex sets.

Cheers

Shessi

p.s And yes I must do the CC specific model...I know!

Thank you Uncle UncleTgt, your work is truly amazing.

msfossey

Members who have read this thread: 0