3D Virtual Cockpit Help required

Thread: 3D Virtual Cockpit Help required

3D Virtual Cockpit Help required

Hello,

I've been flying the rather wonderful Concorde by Libardo Guzman Garcia.
    Various talented people have worked on it over the years finessing everything from lights to sounds and the flight dynamics.
    There's a good VC and a very good 2D cockpit. The VC is entirely passive - nothing clickable whatsoever. I've got used to flying with Track IR over the years and I love flying this from the VC - especially as you're rather busy on approach and it is easy to let the aircraft get away from you while you're switching views, freezing Tack IR, etc.

Enough of my waffle - I was wondering how much work would be involved getting some limited level of functionality in to the VC. I'm not talking about animation of moving buttons, dials, etc but rather - maybe, some click spots to operate the AP buttons, adjust HDG, basic stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

it is a huge stuff. like re-work all stuff you requested (event it just few). the closest can be done with easy is using present 2D gauge attached into virtual cockpit.
    if you're not owned the VC model it became more complicated. simply forget it or build from scratch.
    Maryadi

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    the closest can be done with easy is using present 2D gauge attached into virtual cockpit.
    Thanks for replying. How would I go about doing that?
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Found this on AVsim downloads:

AIR FRANCE FS9 / FSX CONCORDE. Includes model, textures, VC, Passenger's views, full animated parts. GAUGES NOT INCLUDED: you have to download MR. FRANCISCO SILVA's wonderful panel: "fsconcpn.zip" wich will also provide afterburn effects. FOR FSX uses default B747-400 PANEL, so gauges will not appear on VC mode (so sorry...). Other files suggested: "nlf_v2.zip" and "njs_final.zip" (BEAUTIFUL lights and smoke effects) by Nick Needham. Also MR. KALON JEFFRIES's sound package: "cncsstsn.zip", and the experience will be THE BEST!!!!!. By Libardo Guzman.

Did you download the gauges mentioned. . .maybe that's why the gauges, etc. aren't clickable?

USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Found this on AVsim downloads:

AIR FRANCE FS9 / FSX CONCORDE. Includes model, textures, VC, Passenger's views, full animated parts. GAUGES NOT INCLUDED: you have to download MR. FRANCISCO SILVA's wonderful panel: "fsconcpn.zip" wich will also provide afterburn effects. FOR FSX uses default B747-400 PANEL, so gauges will not appear on VC mode (so sorry...). Other files suggested: "nlf_v2.zip" and "njs_final.zip" (BEAUTIFUL lights and smoke effects) by Nick Needham. Also MR. KALON JEFFRIES's sound package: "cncsstsn.zip", and the experience will be THE BEST!!!!!. By Libardo Guzman.

Did you download the gauges mentioned. . .maybe that's why the gauges, etc. aren't clickable?

Thanks Ed,

There are plenty of variations of Libardo's excellent Concorde with the last updated around about 2018 but none of them has any clickable content in the VC.

I had a look but it does say "gauges not included on VC". I have all the other stuff including the wonderful sound files by Kalon Jeffrie.

Just to reiterate. I have the 2D and it's excellent from that download you linked but it has a totally passive non-functional VC. I'm thinking through the workload to bring some limited functionality to the VC; such as AP HDG, IAS HLD/ IAS and V/S, APR, etc.
    Jim

I'm going to install it and see what I can do.

Current System Specs:

Ed, that's incredibly encouraging news!

As I said - there's quite a few versions out there - this is the one I have currently installed;

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/51/833

But take your pick from circa, 2011 and they're basically all the same - e.g; lacking any functionality in the VC.

And that's what you need when you're looking out the window on approach in the long nosed beautiful flying machine...with no time to switch views because you're task saturated enough as it is.

Also, at Mach 2 - it's nice to look around the VC and out the windows and see 747s 15,000' below going backwards.

Jim
    Jim

Ok, what I have is generally a nicely modeled VC but no gauges, the actual VC panel, overhead and center console are black. He states in his readme that he has made "functional surfaces" for the VC, in other words he has made "placeholders" that can accept working gauges and avionics. I know gauges can be added manually but it takes some doing, I have FSPanelStudio which is way easier to add, subtract, reposition gauges and such. . . .what I don't see are the textures that make up the various areas of the VC. If you also have a black VC then the biggest job would be to texture all those areas so gauges can be placed.

Current System Specs:

He does state - don't use DX10 FIXER - as it throws your graphics card in to a strop.
    I have the VC and it looks good. Nicely modelled, etc in FSX SP2 ACC on DX9

This is what it looks like;
    (Note in this picture; we're at MACH 2:01 and the sound is brilliant and ActiveSky is on the bench - dark above and occluded below - and moving at slightly more than 23 miles/ minute; which is nice)

I just wish I could stay in that VC and control the AP, HDG, etc without having to do any toggling of views all the way down to Decision Height.

Also, it doesn't react well to using Addon scenery - my UK2000 Scenery Gatwick is a No No for instance- and it displays a black outline panel on the AP, throws the VC about 50' at 90 degrees when you taxi.etc.
    It's a weird bird but I reckon it can be fixed by the genius that is lurking in the SOH.

MACH 2.2 - Come on guys - what's not to like?

Jim

I don't know how you got the VC texturing to show but since it's not something that would fly I'm not interested in going any further. Good luck with it.

Current System Specs:

Thanks Falcon - for having a look.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Thanks for replying. How would I go about doing that?
    if you have access with virtual cockpit model from 3dsmax or blender, just add a polygon where you want to attach 2D panel, add texture for panel ($texture), compile, done.
    if you not familiar with that, learn SDK first. or you can ask someone in fsdeveloper.com to help you, with $ will make more interesting. it up to you.
    currently I flying with my own Tu-144D.
    Maryadi

Members who have read this thread: 0