IRIS T-6 II issue
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 10,450.00 USD (105%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2020 Charter Membership Drive"




Accepted Payment Types

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: IRIS T-6 II issue

  1. #1
    SOH-CM-2019
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St Simons Island GA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,257

    IRIS T-6 II issue

    Recently IRIS very generously made a number of their aircraft available without charge due to the current Covid-19 issue. I downloaded a few, only one, their T-6 II, had issues. An attempted installation of the aircraft resulted in this message:

    Extracting to "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\wz987d\"
    Use Path: yes Overlay Files: yes
    Extracting iris_21-driver.exe
    Central and local directory mismatch for file "iris_21-driver.exe" (crc-32)
    Severe Error: Local and central CRC values don't match.


    Complete msg posted to forum board at SOH on 5-3-20 as follows:


    Download of Texan II went fine, file will not open. Getting following msg in dialog box: "Central and local directory mismatch for file "iris_21-driver.exe" (crc-32 - local: 5013F72B hex central: 74777E73 hex).


    Requesting detailed results of last operation resulted in the following msg:


    Extracting to "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\wz987d\"
    Use Path: yes Overlay Files: yes
    Extracting iris_21-driver.exe
    Central and local directory mismatch for file "iris_21-driver.exe" (crc-32)
    Severe Error: Local and central CRC values don't match.




    Emailed them twice about this but no reply yet. Been about 20 or so days.

    Does anyone know what this means? If it will help, the FSX installation I am trying to send this to is on "H" drive, not C. I can install manually if I have to, but there's no way I can see to manually redirect the installation to the FSX install on H drive.

  2. #2
    I assume you mean the iris_T6II_texan_driver.zip file?
    I just tried it, it works fine on my machine. Have you tried downloading it again? It likely got corrupted when you downloaded it.

  3. #3
    Do you 'Run as administrator' when installing?

  4. #4
    Possibly a corrupted file, so try redownloading.

    Also what are you using to unzip? Try using 7-zip: https://www.7-zip.org/

  5. #5
    SOH-CM-2019
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St Simons Island GA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,257
    The zip file I have on the desktop is "iris_training_pc21_fsx.zip.

    I'm working w/the second download of this .exe file. I think I'll give it a go with 7up, I've been using WinZip on it up to now.

    EDIT: Installed the 32-bit version of this program, should have installed the 64-bit on my Win7 HP setup. Now can not totally rid the machine of the 32-bit version, one measly file left in the 7-Zip file in "Program Files" in C drive (7-zip.dll). Didn't uninstall w/uninstaller, can't be manually uninstalled, insists the file is open in Windows Explorer. Story of my life. Need to back off on this for a while.

  6. #6
    SOH-CM-2019
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St Simons Island GA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex View Post
    Do you 'Run as administrator' when installing?
    No, just using the standard method of opening the file as it is presented by the installer.

  7. #7
    SOH-CM-2019
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St Simons Island GA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,257
    Had to do a shutdown-restart to get that 32-bit version of 7zip to finally let go. Now on my 5th download of the .exe file noted above, and still getting the same message as before. I wonder at what stage someone making five visits to their website to download the same file is going to get IRIS's attention - hopefully not too perturbed I hope.

    The .exe file will not even open, when clicked on it immediately goes to the message I've quoted above. I believe it's a bad or somehow corrupted download, but repeated attempts to contact IRIS in the past to (hopefully) work out an alternative method of transmitting an .exe file, maybe from their end, have not been successful. BTW that is a "severe" or "major" error message, not a warning about a hidden harmful file. For that reason I do not believe my AV or malware protection is responsible for this.

  8. #8
    It will be your anti malware,
    Something is removing data from the zip data string when you download, most probably windows Defender which still runs in background as firewall, even if you have some other software installed.

    Top tip is to download to a location that is NOT your Windows Desktop, or, your C programs folder, as both of these have 'extra' hidden Windows protection, and don't Run the exe from zip from Desktop either.

    Ttfn

    Pete

  9. #9
    SOH-CM-2019
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St Simons Island GA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,257
    Now this is genuinely interesting - it's quite likely not anti-malware I installed but possibly proprietary anti-malware that is a Windows product - is that what you're saying? Interesting.

    I'll go ahead and try to send it to another folder other than the basic or "primary drive" folder, which is C. Maybe opening it from "H" or "E" is the way to go. I'll experiment.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Now this is genuinely interesting - it's quite likely not anti-malware I installed but possibly proprietary anti-malware that is a Windows product - is that what you're saying? Interesting.

    .
    Correct

    Enjoy experimenting.

    Ttfn

    Pete

  11. #11
    SOH-CM-2019
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St Simons Island GA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,257
    I'm sorry to report sending it to another drive other than the basic or primary drive, C, and attempting to open it there still produced the result as I've mentioned. This one is a head-scratcher. I've managed to download and install the "Texan Driver" without problem. I did that earlier this morning hoping that would somehow pave the way for the other download but apparently not.

  12. #12
    You are extracting the .exe from the .zip file before running it aren't you ?
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Aser EB321HQU 32" Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculas Rift
    Logitek G25
    Saitek X55
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

  13. #13
    SOH-CM-2019
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St Simons Island GA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,257
    I was able to download and install the Iris texan driver files without issue, including the core files. The problem lies in the "iris training PC-21" files, which will not open at all. I'm using WinZip to do that, it works for everything else including the "texan driver" files. But I can not get beyond the little zipped file icon and its accompanying "iris_training_pc21_fsx.zip" moniker that comes with it. I don't have any other way on this machine i can think of to get inside that zipped file to isolate the .exe file, if there is one inside there. No problems at all with the "iris_21-driver.exe" file that goes with the "texan driver" download, but I can not "crack" the iris training pc-21 file no matter what I do. Double-click on it to open it and I get the message as described above.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    I was able to download and install the Iris texan driver files without issue, including the core files. The problem lies in the "iris training PC-21" files, which will not open at all. I'm using WinZip to do that, it works for everything else including the "texan driver" files. But I can not get beyond the little zipped file icon and its accompanying "iris_training_pc21_fsx.zip" moniker that comes with it. I don't have any other way on this machine i can think of to get inside that zipped file to isolate the .exe file, if there is one inside there. No problems at all with the "iris_21-driver.exe" file that goes with the "texan driver" download, but I can not "crack" the iris training pc-21 file no matter what I do. Double-click on it to open it and I get the message as described above.
    Try using 7zip
    https://www.7-zip.org/
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Aser EB321HQU 32" Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculas Rift
    Logitek G25
    Saitek X55
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

  15. #15
    SOH-CM-2020 WarHorse47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Great Pacific Northwest
    Age
    73
    Posts
    3,433
    Do a right click with your mouse, and select "Open with.." to see if there are other products on your computer for opening the file. No harm in trying if WinZip doesn't work.

    WinZip may not be backward compatible, which means an older version on your computer can have problems with a file created with a newer version.
    -- WH

    If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

  16. #16
    SOH-CM-2019
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St Simons Island GA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,257
    DB, I've got the 7-Zip installed in my C drive. There are several .exe files in the 7-Zip folder. Which one starts 7-Zip and puts an icon on your desktop? 7z.exe? 7zFM.exe? Or is it 7zG.exe?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    DB, I've got the 7-Zip installed in my C drive. There are several .exe files in the 7-Zip folder. Which one starts 7-Zip and puts an icon on your desktop? 7z.exe? 7zFM.exe? Or is it 7zG.exe?
    7zip puts itself in the context menu.
    Right click on a zip file and there should be a 7-zip option just below open.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Aser EB321HQU 32" Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculas Rift
    Logitek G25
    Saitek X55
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

  18. #18
    SOH-CM-2019
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St Simons Island GA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,257
    My system checks out like that now, giving me the option of using either program. Neat!

    EDIT: Success!!! I used 7zip options presented to get past the .exe portion of the file, and look at contents - from there it was a simple breakdown via the usual installer program they have. I put this into a temp hold file rather than right into the sim because I had the IRIS PC-9 as well as the T-6A, B, and C installed and did not know what this install would do with them. Doesn't look too difficult to manually install at this point. Thank you for the hints & tips re: the 7zip program. Time to take this thing up for a hop after a little read.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    My system checks out like that now, giving me the option of using either program. Neat!

    EDIT: Success!!! I used 7zip options presented to get past the .exe portion of the file, and look at contents - from there it was a simple breakdown via the usual installer program they have. I put this into a temp hold file rather than right into the sim because I had the IRIS PC-9 as well as the T-6A, B, and C installed and did not know what this install would do with them. Doesn't look too difficult to manually install at this point. Thank you for the hints & tips re: the 7zip program. Time to take this thing up for a hop after a little read.
    Glad you got it working in the end.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Aser EB321HQU 32" Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculas Rift
    Logitek G25
    Saitek X55
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Members who have read this thread: 137

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •