RAZBAM A-7's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM A-7's

RAZBAM A-7's

Hi All

I wondered if anyone has any experience of getting the RAZBAM A-7 series to work properly in P3D V4.5?

I seem to be able to get the plane loaded but can't get it started.

Also I have the manual for the A-7 but it doesn't contain any directions as to how you start the engines etc - can anyone point me to where I might find these please.

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    Hi All

I wondered if anyone has any experience of getting the RAZBAM A-7 series to work properly in P3D V4.5?

I seem to be able to get the plane loaded but can't get it started.

Also I have the manual for the A-7 but it doesn't contain any directions as to how you start the engines etc - can anyone point me to where I might find these please.

Many thanks

Not positive, but switching on Generator, left fwd console? NC

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...QNe-BuJt39AxzQ

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Not positive, but switching on Generator, left fwd console? NC

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...QNe-BuJt39AxzQ

Thanks NC - yes that worked - however the engine does not seem to have any power as you climb out and the jet eventually sinks/mushes into the ground.

I will keep trying!

odd that the manual does not walk through the start up.

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    Thanks NC - yes that worked - however the engine does not seem to have any power as you climb out and the jet eventually sinks/mushes into the ground.

I will keep trying!

odd that the manual does not walk through the start up.

The manual, I believe, advises to watch the TOT guage. Do NOT let the engine overheat, or it will shut down, and NOT restart. NC

Yes, remember, you can't give it full power for more than a few seconds or you destroy the engine, which means you don't have any power. I usually run it up to about 90% for take off. Then throttle back immediately after retracting the gear and throttling back a little more just to be safe.

Sadly it's a "Cntl+e" start from the beginning which gives one time to program the INS if so desired. TOT gauge is a must watch on take off or any other maneuvers (pulling off bomb run), if you see the "/////" master caution in the HUD, automatically pull that left hand back.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Blog Entries
    Yes - watch the power, as the others have said.

The only time I'm worried is on a carrier launch. Especially with the SWS,boats where there's a bit of a realistic delay between when you action the launch (request) and when the shooter actually triggers the launch (fires the cat). It's usually about 2 seconds, so you need to have a mental clock of how long you can be at max power power for.

Because on one hand, you need to be at full power for engine runup, the cat shot, the trip down the deck, confirming rate of climb and gear up. But on the other , you can only be at max TOT temp (640C) for 3 seconds before the warning light comes on, and then just a few more seconds thereafter before you irreparably cook the engine. So you have a very limited "full throttle" budget - use it carefully.

P. 41 of the manual explains the TOT parameters. http://www.razbamsims.com/downloads/...t%20Manual.pdf

Once mastered, this plane is an absolute joy to fly. There's also a modified (v2) air file floating about.

dl

Are you guys using the RAZBAM A-7's with a 64 bit P3D ?
    If I remember correctly, these planes (the harrier as well) need a specific DLL module which handles the loadouts and maybe some systems, but is sadly in 32 bits, so not compatible with P3Dv4 or v5 ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Are you guys using the RAZBAM A-7's with a 64 bit P3D ?
    If I remember correctly, these planes (the harrier as well) need a specific DLL module which handles the loadouts and maybe some systems, but is sadly in 32 bits, so not compatible with P3Dv4 or v5 ...?
    Despite their good looks and system depth in FSX, I honestly haven't installed any of then into P3Dv4 so can't say if they work 100% or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Despite their good looks and system depth in FSX, I honestly haven't installed any of then into P3Dv4 so can't say if they work 100% or not.
    No major problems with either Pack 1 or Pack 2 in P3DV4.5. Haven't gotten around to installing pack 3 in v4.5. So far, I've only noticed that when I trap on a carrier, I don't hear the characteristic wire-catch sound, on either any of the AIC2-enabled carriers or on the SWS carriers. But other systems, at least basics from my testing / circuits on carriers, seem to work, including the radar, moving-map display (aka embedded GPS), stores loader, fuel venting, lights, sounds (except as noted above), etc.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    No major problems with either Pack 1 or Pack 2 in P3DV4.5. Haven't gotten around to installing pack 3 in v4.5. So far, I've only noticed that when I trap on a carrier, I don't hear the characteristic wire-catch sound, on either any of the AIC2-enabled carriers or on the SWS carriers. But other systems, at least basics from my testing / circuits on carriers, seem to work, including the radar, moving-map display (aka embedded GPS), stores loader, fuel venting, lights, sounds (except as noted above), etc.

dl
    DL - good to hear that it can work ok! I am still struggling post lift off with the power settings in the E model - even at max power I am not able to maintain level flight.

I agree that its a cracking looking model so well worth persevering with

Hello

With above proceedures, and with some ammendments in VC textures ( format ) it works well in P3DV4.5

Even HUD or Radar

Roland
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-5-22_10-6-56-666.jpg   2020-5-22_10-7-49-245.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Hello

With above proceedures, and with some ammendments in VC textures ( format ) it works well in P3DV4.5

Even HUD or Radar

Roland
    Hi Thunder100,

Would you please define in more detail what you mean by "ammendments" to VC texture format? I think I know what you mean, but would like to know for sure before I attempt it! Thanks, NC

Guys

I should just add that I am using the TACPAC version of the A-7D/E ?

I bought it from a supplier that has now gone out of business so I cant get a fresh download unfortunately

Thanks to you all for the responses - really great if we can get this great jet working in the 4.5 world

Richard

Sorry also I did find another thread on here which talks abiut th need for a specific Dll file?

Razbam a-7e fde

Ok I have solved my take off issue - Simples I was just too heavy with fuel.

Halved the fuel load and much more manageable.

Have also loaded the FDE v 3 by Henk Schuitemaker, Nov 2014.

Only remaining issues are 1) I can't extinguish the 3 master warning lights 2) hunting for the trim unit indicator?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (205).jpg  

Hi Thunder100,

Would you please define in more detail what you mean by "ammendments" to VC texture format? I think I know what you mean, but would like to know for sure before I attempt it! Thanks, NC
    Hi Navy Chief

You copy the VC textures into your texture.file(s)

some required to be BMP to be shown- dont ask me why- and its a bit random, but solved with an hour work

As I fly A-7 and not A-7A I never had the power down issue

So I tested A-7 and TA-7 fine

A-7 A has that thrust down issue ( same air file, same Aircraft cfg, same panel gauges- so I cannot explain )

Other then this keep your speed and engine temperature down

my 2 cents

Roland

collensr, trim bars are above your "left knee" just below the emergency gen/RAT handle (yellow). I've got the same master attention getter lights issue in my install of the TP Beta model. Looks like you might be missing some VC textures as well.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    collensr, trim bars are above your "left knee" just below the emergency gen/RAT handle (yellow). I've got the same master attention getter lights issue in my install of the TP Beta model. Looks like you might be missing some VC textures as well.
    Best as I can remember, those red warning lights won't go off, as it was chaulked up to the release was a beta, and would be fixed later, but wasn't.NC

Best as I can remember, those red warning lights won't go off, as it was chaulked up to the release was a beta, and would be fixed later, but wasn't.NC
    The warning lights go out ok on the non-TP Twin seat variants - I will maybe try to swap them out as the front panels look identical?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (210).jpg  

So I gave the plane another try today, because I wanted to check if it really worked as you guys said.
    I only have the volume 1. It is not using TacPack.

The conclusions are as follow:
    - The plane can only start with CTRL+E, which by itself is already a show stopper. I had forgotten about that limitation. Unbelievable, given how nice their Harrier was... Maybe that one was made by a different team?
    - The loadout is handled by an external 32 bits DLL module. There's no way to go around that. It doesn't matter how much you play around with Doug's 64 bits DLLs, that plane needs something else.
    - As a consequence, while the loadout manager is able to show some loadouts under your wings, that loadout has no weight at all. You can add all the bombs you want on just one wing, the plane will not care.
    - The loadout is also only possible to add if you first jettison your fuel tanks. The loadout manager is strangely not able to remove the four tanks somehow, I don't know why...
    - The plane is overpowered. Or maybe it's just because of the inactive (zero weight) loadouts ? Anyways, no issue to take off full fuel with maybe a bit more than half engine power.

Anyways, that plane may be enjoyable in FSX or P3D up to version 3 (because 32 bits), but from P3Dv4 and onwards, it doesn't really work.
    I have deleted from my hangar. Quite sad, the 3D model was nice.

I modified the load manager to use XMLTools64, so payload and external tanks do add weight (non TakPack model).

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I modified the load manager to use XMLTools64, so payload and external tanks do add weight (non TakPack model).
    I`ld really like to know how to do that. How exactly do you point the plane at the XMLTools64 file? I assume it requires changing an entry in the Panel folder, but I`m not certain where or how.

It`s not only the Razbam A-7 this happens to (zero payload weight even with loads equipped). The same thing also happens with the ported over Vertigo Studios Panther and Bearcat, and the Iris/M2M F-15E Mudhen. I just wonder if the same solution might work for these planes as well.

Thanks loads! - RobM

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    I`ld really like to know how to do that. How exactly do you point the plane at the XMLTools64 file? I assume it requires changing an entry in the Panel folder, but I`m not certain where or how.

It`s not only the Razbam A-7 this happens to (zero payload weight even with loads equipped). The same thing also happens with the ported over Vertigo Studios Panther and Bearcat, and the Iris/M2M F-15E Mudhen. I just wonder if the same solution might work for these planes as well.

Thanks loads! - RobM
    It's not a simple fix I'm afraid. The XML gauge for the load manager needs partially rewriting and Razbams original code was a bit obscure! Any others such as the F-15E or the Panther would each need a custom solution of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    It's not a simple fix I'm afraid. The XML gauge for the load manager needs partially rewriting and Razbams original code was a bit obscure! Any others such as the F-15E or the Panther would each need a custom solution of their own.
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I don't speak .xml-ese, or at least not very well.

I still have FSX installed, so I can always go back to the original FSX planes, get the various payload weights from the FSX payload manager, and then manually enter the relevant weights in the relevant stations using the default P3D payload manager. It's not an elegant solution, and I would have to do it each time I took the planes up, but it should work.

I'll still take a look at the payload managers, and see if I can figure something out (all the planes mentioned use .xml gauges, as I recall). At least I know now where to look, and I have planes whose payload managers do use the XMLTools64 file, so perhaps I can look at those to get some idea.

Thanks again for the reply. - RobM

Members who have read this thread: 0