Gauge Help Required

Thread: Gauge Help Required

Gauge Help Required

I am sorry to post here as this will most likely be used for my P3D project but I may figure out how to cut some weight off my Tutor to get it to compile for FSX. This forum seems to be more used especially be developers.

If you don't know, I have posted in the P3D V4 forums about the CT-114 Tutor I am working on. Currently the cockpit is built/designed based on the older Tutors from back in the day, but the Snowbirds have updated the navigation systems within the Tutor. I can see from pictures that the one new gauge is a Sandel SN3500 which I haven't found for FSX/P3D. There is a SN3380 which I did purchase but that was/is for FS9 and looks very dated when I port it into FSX/P3D. Plus it is payware and can't except others to buy something for a free airplane.

Is there something that is close to that gauge that I may be able to use and include. Also, the second one is a skinny rectangle gauge in the top middle of the panel. I can't make out what it is? Does anyone know what it is? Can be seen in this picture The Office .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The GPS unit looks like a GT tm 650 ADS-B Garmin

That does look like it. Now to see if FSX/P3D have one.

Thanks, I knew somebody here would know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There are a couple GTN 650's available.

Flight1: https://www.flight1.com/products.asp...sf&pid=f1gtncp

and Reality XP: http://reality-xp.com/index.html

Hope this helps.

I have seen those and I have the SimFlyer one as they had the SN3308 for $5. Those other ones are a little out of my price range especially considering I'll actually never use them. I was hoping there would have been a freeware one I could add to the plane or at least make the space available for those that do and want the more updated CT-114 Tutor.

Thanks for the links.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Zoren View Post
    I have seen those and I have the SimFlyer one as they had the SN3308 for $5. Those other ones are a little out of my price range especially considering I'll actually never use them. I was hoping there would have been a freeware one I could add to the plane or at least make the space available for those that do and want the more updated CT-114 Tutor.

Thanks for the links.
    Check Avsim library. Under FSX - Gauges, search for GPS. There are several freely downloadable ones. Even if you can't include them with your package, you could provide instructions on where to get them.

I have seen those and I have the SimFlyer one as they had the SN3308 for $5.
    I've never used the SimFlyer gauges. Are they 32-bit or 64-bit? Are the xml based (CAB file versus "gau" gauge file).

The one I purchased was for FS9 and it didn't appear to have a updated version for it on their site. It uses the cab file (XML...) format. I assume it is 32bit as it is for FS9.

It doesn't seem to bad, not sure how well it works as navigation is beyond what I use flight sim for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The one I purchased was for FS9 and it didn't appear to have a updated version for it on their site. It uses the cab file (XML...) format. I assume it is 32bit as it is for FS9.

It doesn't seem to bad, not sure how well it works as navigation is beyond what I use flight sim for.
    Thanks. Yes, 32-bit no doubt. The default FS9 GPS was pretty much ported over as-is to FSX since it was xml code based. I think it even kept the same file name.
    XML based gauge files tend to work fine in 64-bit P3D v4/v5 as well. But a lot of 64-bit gauges are built into the panel itself along with the code so they have no gauge file at all.

Have you tried the SN3308 in FSX? I didn't see one on the $5 page at SimFlyer.

Another source of freeware xml-based gauges is http://www.fs2x.com/.

Good luck with your project.

Members who have read this thread: 0