All aircraft uncontrollable after takeoff.

Thread: All aircraft uncontrollable after takeoff.

All aircraft uncontrollable after takeoff.

I have an unusual situation and I don’t know what I did to cause it.
    Take off in any aircraft and once airborne it flops around uncontrollably around all axis.
    Fair weather, no wind or any weather injection active.
    Watching the controls in the cockpit, they don’t seem to be moving.
    I have taken the opportunity to update to HF3 and that didn’t fix it.
    Calibrating controllers now.

Has anyone experienced this before?
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Further update to my problem.
    I have uninstalled the few things (scenery/aircraft) I had installed since the last time I knew it worked correctly.
    I have tried it with controllers disconnected, turned off all weather, turbulence, etc.
    Checked background programs and processes.
    Not sure what else to do.
    I’ll delete all generated files next.
    If that doesn’t work I guess I’ll format, upgrade to W10 and start over.
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Hello thunderstreak,

I have had exactly the same problem as you since May 02. With Win10, P3Dv4.5, it happened suddenly. I followed the same procedure, removed the last downloaded addons, went to HF3 but without results, I can only use 5 planes of the whole (almost 100). 4 A2A planes and an Alabeo which is my default plane.
    I then installed the v5 on another hard drive. Without any addons, scenery or planes, it works normally. I install the plane with which the problem appeared and again the tornado ...
    I am on the fourth reinstallation of P3Dv5. I have a few more planes working but I don't dare to add any more ...
    I realized that the phenomenon does not appear if I stay below 200 '. A jet stream at an altitude of 200 'is not common isn't it?
    I posted a message on the LM forum on May 08. 1061 views today and not a single answer ...
    I don't really know what else to do...

zinj

(Sorry for my bad English...)

Quote Originally Posted by zinj View Post
    Hello thunderstreak,

I have had exactly the same problem as you since May 02. With Win10, P3Dv4.5, it happened suddenly. I followed the same procedure, removed the last downloaded addons, went to HF3 but without results, I can only use 5 planes of the whole (almost 100). 4 A2A planes and an Alabeo which is my default plane.
    I then installed the v5 on another hard drive. Without any addons, scenery or planes, it works normally. I install the plane with which the problem appeared and again the tornado ...
    I am on the fourth reinstallation of P3Dv5. I have a few more planes working but I don't dare to add any more ...
    I realized that the phenomenon does not appear if I stay below 200 '. A jet stream at an altitude of 200 'is not common isn't it?
    I posted a message on the LM forum on May 08. 1061 views today and not a single answer ...
    I don't really know what else to do...

zinj

(Sorry for my bad English...)
    Hi zinj,

Actually, your English is very good.

Wondering... do you and Thunderstreak have FSUIPC 6 installed???? I ask because I was having major problems with control surfaces not working, or only partially moving on P3Dv4.5HF3 and P3Dv5 wo/w HF1. They would work once, then not work. Took me a few tests to find, and attribute it to FSUIPC, as I never had any problem with prior editions. I don't set up my controls with FSUIPC, but I do usually set it to remove "spikes" and to set end points, etc. as well as some of the other "fixes" it can do. This is the first time I've had any control "problems" with it. When I disabled FSUIPC in the "add-ons" menu, my control problems went away. Just thinking out loud on your problems. (I might try redownloading FSUIPC 6 to see if it fixes my problem.)
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Thanks Modelr for your answer.

Personally, I don't use FSUIPC at all...

Well zinj, I feel slightly better that I’m not the only one with the problem.
    On or about May 2 for me as well.
    You are correct about staying below 200’.
    As soon as you climb past that, and you described it perfectly, tornado!

modelr, I suspected FSUIPC, but I have the problem with it disabled, and both versions 5 and 6, so I don’t think that’s it.

As I stated above, I watched closely a few times and all controls remained neutral.
    I could even reproduce it with all of my controllers unplugged.

I have pretty much given up fixing it.
    l purchased 3 SSD’s on Saturday, going to start fresh with a clean/new W10 install when I have some time.
    Might be a slow process, I prefer to spend my time outside in the summer.

Thanks for your input! Stay safe my friends, cheers!

Thuderstreak - I encountered this problem a long time ago and the problem turned out to be a corruption of the FSX Acceleration files (why who knows?). Anyway it was rectified only by doing a repair first of FSX and then reinstalling FSX Acceleration. I have never encountered the problem since. I might add I still use Win 7 64 bit O/S. Hope this helps.

Hi guys,

Since yesterday, all my planes are working again but with, in the cockpit, a wind noise directly related to the engine speed. No noise with the engine stopped, a slight breath at idle and a hurricane at full throttle. The noise is so loud that I have to cut the sound with the Q key. In external view everything is ok, the engine sounds are normal. Perfect to make screenshots but very bad in the cockpit...
    I don't have to tell you that I don't understand anything ...
    The only thing I did the day before yesterday was uninstall and reinstall an update for the ActiveSky connection: ASConnect for P3Dv4
    The update had been done on May 1, the day before my first issue.
    Did you do the same update before the problems started?

Cheers
    zinj

I will have to check but I think I did update Active Sky.
    Forgot I had done that.

Now I have this problem. Crap. NC Shortly after takeoff, all aircraft that I have attempted to fly, become completely uncontrollable. I have no clue what is causing this. Never have had this problem, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Now I have this problem...
    Do you use Accu-Feel 2 from A2A? If so, try disabling it. For me, this was the cause of the problem with the uncontrollable planes and sounds of wind in the cockpit. Everything was back to normal, but yesterday, suddenly after takeoff, the hurricane again. I don't know why I had the idea to deactivate Accu-Feel... the effect was immediate. I was then able to reactivate it and everything went back to normal. I don't really understand why but it works.

Any unwanted update of ANY programmes? Windows? Antivirus-Software? Even firefox or something like that? Please check it out in your PCs system control which programmes were added or updated the last days.
    How about flying the aircraft WITHOUT joystick but only via keyboard or mouse?
    How about starting and immediately using the autopilot? Is the aircraft working correctly then?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Any unwanted update of ANY programmes? Windows? Antivirus-Software? Even firefox or something like that? Please check it out in your PCs system control which programmes were added or updated the last days.
    How about flying the aircraft WITHOUT joystick but only via keyboard or mouse?
    How about starting and immediately using the autopilot? Is the aircraft working correctly then?
    First off, thank you so much for your reply and questions!

Zinj apparently was correct. It appears, so far, that Accu-Feel is the culprit. Why? No idea. I uninstalled it, and problem is gone. I have not reinstalled Accu-Feel yet, but will, later on today.

Manschy, yes, Windows DID update (forced updates, due to my version of Windows. I can delay them, but not stop them) However, the problem was happening before the Win 10 update. Antivirus has not been a problem before. I wouldn't have a clue how to fly without a joystick!

At any rate, I think problem is solved for now. Not a cool thing, having no control over the aircraft. NOT fun! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    First off, thank you so much for your reply and questions!

Zinj apparently was correct. It appears, so far, that Accu-Feel is the culprit. Why? No idea. I uninstalled it, and problem is gone. I have not reinstalled Accu-Feel yet, but will, later on today.

Manschy, yes, Windows DID update (forced updates, due to my version of Windows. I can delay them, but not stop them) However, the problem was happening before the Win 10 update. Antivirus has not been a problem before. I wouldn't have a clue how to fly without a joystick!

At any rate, I think problem is solved for now. Not a cool thing, having no control over the aircraft. NOT fun! NC
    Hmm - good to know you can fly again like before on the one hand (even it is without Accu-Feel...)
    On the other hand, I hope it will be possible to get a solution for this in any case...
    Master question is, why are there suddenly several users with similar issues?

IMHO, you both have to have a detailed search for anything weird that happens to your system the last days. Talk to each other and find out what could happen. Something almost similar seems to be the reason for the culprit...
    Best regards, Manfred.

As I mentioned in the other thread, for me the "category 5 hurricane effect" happened immediately after I had installed the latest update
    for Ant's Tigermoth Pro, but maybe that was just a coincidence. It can't have been a Windows 10 update, at least in my case, because I'm
    still on Windows 7.

In any case, I turned Accu-feel completely off using the in-flight-drop down Accu-feel options menu under the Addons tab. I then went out
    of the sim, then back in again, turned Accu-feel back on, and now everything is back to normal, and Accu-sim is working just fine. I didn't
    need to uninstall.

I hope that helps.

-RobM

Members who have read this thread: 0