DC Designs F-15C/E/I Eagle Package Available - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DC Designs F-15C/E/I Eagle Package Available

Sundog,
    Looks about what I have on the fuel numbers per tank. I did notice the PPH flow being off on the gauge (FL250, 380kts, 550# per side seems low). Agree on the little things like adding the GPS to fly the Mach Loop in the LN -15E!

Zsolt, outstanding paints again, hope you release these!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Please these fixes!

Thank you,
    Regards,
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Zsolt, I fixed my empty aircraft floating nose wheel with these updated Aircraft.cfg [contact_points] lines:

static_pitch= 0.000

point.0= 1, 13.700, 0.000, -7.160, 1781, 0, 0.928, 50, 0.227, 1.600, 0.800, 3.000, 4.000, 0
    point.1= 1, -6.500, -5.282, -7.300, 1975, 1, 1.441, 0, 0.547, 1.300, 0.355, 3.500, 4.500, 2
    point.2= 1, -6.500, 5.282, -7.300, 1975, 2, 1.441, 0, 0.547, 1.300, 0.355, 3.500, 4.500, 3

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Zsolt, I fixed my empty aircraft floating nose wheel with these updated Aircraft.cfg [contact_points] lines:

static_pitch= 0.000

point.0= 1, 13.700, 0.000, -7.160, 1781, 0, 0.928, 50, 0.227, 1.600, 0.800, 3.000, 4.000, 0
    point.1= 1, -6.500, -5.282, -7.300, 1975, 1, 1.441, 0, 0.547, 1.300, 0.355, 3.500, 4.500, 2
    point.2= 1, -6.500, 5.282, -7.300, 1975, 2, 1.441, 0, 0.547, 1.300, 0.355, 3.500, 4.500, 3
    I am grateful, I appreciate it

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

There is an update being released for the Eagles next week via Just Flight. Most of the bugs mentioned since the release have been cleared up and some changes made accordingly - many thanks for all the reports. A few of the most recent are a little too late to make it into the revised package but I always note them down so they'll be cleared up sooner or later. Things like the chocks might not be though as people are using different settings - change the compression ratios, and the chocks will be out of whack. Not much I can do about that right now, but I should be able to sort them later on.

PBR is also coming to the Eagles at a later date, along with AIM-7 Sparrow missiles, and the F-15D Eagle, which will be released as a free add-on next week for those that own the package. You're welcome
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

F-15D? This sounds great!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    There is an update being released for the Eagles next week via Just Flight. Most of the bugs mentioned since the release have been cleared up and some changes made accordingly - many thanks for all the reports. A few of the most recent are a little too late to make it into the revised package but I always note them down so they'll be cleared up sooner or later. Things like the chocks might not be though as people are using different settings - change the compression ratios, and the chocks will be out of whack. Not much I can do about that right now, but I should be able to sort them later on.

PBR is also coming to the Eagles at a later date, along with AIM-7 Sparrow missiles, and the F-15D Eagle, which will be released as a free add-on next week for those that own the package. You're welcome
    Thank you so much for all your work Dean! You really are building a name for yourself here!

Priller

PS: I wish I had more time to fly this bird, but work comes first (if I want to keep on buying your work!)

...and the F-15D Eagle, which will be released as a free add-on next week for those that own the package. You're welcome
    Sweeet! As a thanks I'm gonna go buy the F/A-18E/F too! (Oh, yeah, big sacrifice on my part. )

Can I start bugging one of you talented painter folks for a 1994 Tyndall AFB scheme for the F-15D? ;-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hero_shot.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Sweeet! As a thanks I'm gonna go buy the F/A-18E/F too! (Oh, yeah, big sacrifice on my part. )

Can I start bugging one of you talented painter folks for a 1994 Tyndall AFB scheme for the F-15D? ;-)
    That's awesome Denny, hope you enjoy the Super Hornets too! They're also due for a major update in the coming months, lots of stuff that'll be free including PBR and renewed afterburners / weapons etc.

Keep an eye on Groom Lake Simulations - they produce repaints for my airplanes faster than I can keep up with - pretty sure you're chosen airplane will appear before too long.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

I have just purchased the aircraft and I really find it to my liking, beautiful to look at and simple to fly.
    The only thing I don't like (my personal opinion) is the representation of the "sonic wave". Can anyone explain me if possible to eliminate this effect? I guess there is a .fx file to delete but I don't know which ...
    Thanks,
    Fulvio.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulvio_61 View Post
    I have just purchased the aircraft and I really find it to my liking, beautiful to look at and simple to fly.
    The only thing I don't like (my personal opinion) is the representation of the "sonic wave". Can anyone explain me if possible to eliminate this effect? I guess there is a .fx file to delete but I don't know which ...
    Thanks,
    Fulvio.
    In the texture folder there is a texture called Vapor_Cone.dds. You could try removing that - it's the texture for the sonic wave. Doing so might make the cone invisible, but it may turn it black. Worth a try though.

It works, the cone has become invisible. Thanks for these beautiful creations.
    I hope in many repaints, that they will be made available to the whole community.
    Last edited by Fulvio_61; June 3rd, 2020 at 09:51.

Blog Entries
    That's awesome Denny, hope you enjoy the Super Hornets too! They're also due for a major update in the coming months, lots of stuff that'll be free including PBR and renewed afterburners / weapons etc.

Keep an eye on Groom Lake Simulations - they produce repaints for my airplanes faster than I can keep up with - pretty sure you're chosen airplane will appear before too long.
    Just a little by-the-way, but replying to you "by-the-way" about E/F Hornet. I broke down yesterday and got it, and am fairly happy. I didn't know you were doing to redo the reheat when I bought it, but am very happy to hear you'll be updating that. I really appreciate knowing that's coming.

Am not a big F-15 guy, so holding off this one for now - but for your sake, I'm glad that there's a big commercial uptake in it. Some of your other projects you have planned are of interest to me, so it's good that devs like you are well supported.

Thanks again,

d

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Just a little by-the-way, but replying to you "by-the-way" about E/F Hornet. I broke down yesterday and got it, and am fairly happy. I didn't know you were doing to redo the reheat when I bought it, but am very happy to hear you'll be updating that. I really appreciate knowing that's coming.

Am not a big F-15 guy, so holding off this one for now - but for your sake, I'm glad that there's a big commercial uptake in it. Some of your other projects you have planned are of interest to me, so it's good that devs like you are well supported.

Thanks again,

d
    Cheers DL, glad you're enjoying the Hornets I'm hoping that I've got my business model right, sticking with mid-level detail aircraft and avoiding study-level - it certainly seems to be working! I'll keep at it, as I hope this continues to be my full-time job now into the future. I'm also working on making sure that all of my airplanes are fully upgraded to FS2020 so that users can enjoy them there with the full working aerodynamics of the new simulator. Imagine landing on a carrier in rough weather, at night, in that simulator!

Hello,

Allow me another comment
    The navigation lights position is also bad

Now that the update is coming

I appreciate!

Zsolt

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Hello,

Allow me another comment
    The navigation lights position is also bad

Zsolt
    Good spot on the vertical fin lights! Henk already notified me on the wing's RHS red position light. Both now fixed, along with many other fixes and general improvements. Just about to see if I can squeeze in the AIM-7s but time's running out unfortunately.

Many thanks for the continued work on this wonderful model.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    I didn't know you were doing to redo the reheat when I bought it, but am very happy to hear you'll be updating that. I really appreciate knowing that's coming.
    d
    Just for you - quick pic of the Super Hornet's new afterburner flames. I hope to have the update out within a few weeks, just a case of fitting things in. Also to be added are covers and chocks, as per the F-15 Eagles.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-6-5_20-4-37-312.jpg  

Super Hornet chocks,ribbons,covers?

DC, thanks for taking the input from customers and making the changes on the models released thus far. As a normal "study level" guy, these are fun and run great in P3D for me. Along with the updates and I know you didn't have time to add Tacpack, but is anyone working that for you behind the scenes?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Blog Entries
    Just for you - quick pic of the Super Hornet's new afterburner flames. I hope to have the update out within a few weeks, just a case of fitting things in. Also to be added are covers and chocks, as per the F-15 Eagles.

Very exciting update - thanks. Let us know on your Hornet thread so we can let you and your F-15 customers get back to focus on that plane here.

Thanks again.

DL

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    DC, thanks for taking the input from customers and making the changes on the models released thus far. As a normal "study level" guy, these are fun and run great in P3D for me. Along with the updates and I know you didn't have time to add Tacpack, but is anyone working that for you behind the scenes?
    I thought long and hard about this when setting the company up, and decided against supporting TacPack. Adding the weapons isn't a problem, but proper avionics to support them requires a lot of extra coding work and what I learned in my research was that only a small proportion of users actually bother with TacPack, so it made no sense to put in the time. That said, I'd love to see explodey things on my airplanes, and all coding is open-source XML, so if somebody else wanted to alter them and release a TacPack'd version, I wouldn't have a problem with it at all ( freeware of course ).

For those of you who were asking for the AIM-7 Sparrow...

Although these won't make it into the update being released next week, they will follow in a further update, in which I'll be upgrading the weapons selection system for both the Hornets and the Eagles, allowing for greater ordnance choices and variability in load-outs, as well as adding a few further missile and bomb choices. Assuming no further bugs are found, they'll be the last updates to the two packages prior to converting the Eagles to X-Plane 11, and both packages to FS2020 format.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Missiles.jpg  

Hi Dean

any chance you'd consider a C model with conformal fuel tanks for a future update?... and oddity of Iceland based single seaters I believe.

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 0