DC Designs F-15C/E/I Eagle Package Available

Thread: DC Designs F-15C/E/I Eagle Package Available

Hybrid View

DC Designs F-15C/E/I Eagle Package Available

The DC Designs F-15C/E/I Eagle package HERE!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Do the C model have Aim-7 Sparrow missiles for those cold war paints? It would sort of ruin the day for all those 1979 to 1991+ period schemes to have the AMRAAM...

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Do the C model have Aim-7 Sparrow missiles for those cold war paints? It would sort of ruin the day for all those 1979 to 1991+ period schemes to have the AMRAAM...
    Sorry, but no, it's AMRAAMS only on this model. I'd love to cover every request that I get but if I did, the airplanes would never get published.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Sorry, but no, it's AMRAAMS only on this model. I'd love to cover every request that I get but if I did, the airplanes would never get published.
    Just bought it, installed it and flew it (with the AMRAAMS on the Soesterberg paint). I'm elated!

Thanks for this model mate! We've been waiting ages for a decent F-15C and now we have it.

BTW, the AIM 7 was a gawd awful missile.

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Just bought it, installed it and flew it (with the AMRAAMS on the Soesterberg paint). I'm elated!

Thanks for this model mate! We've been waiting ages for a decent F-15C and now we have it.

BTW, the AIM 7 was a gawd awful missile.

Priller
    Thrilled that you like it Priller, hope you enjoy many hours of fun flying the F-15C!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    I see your point, but kind of strange to not include the Eagles main missile for all of the Cold war period!
    This was the heyday of the Eagle force both in the USAF and other users as the IAF. The Aim-7 accounted for almost all of the F-15C Eagles kill during Desert Storm.
    Without checking the numbers, just by the high kill numbers with the Aim-7 from 1991, I think the Sparrow is still the weapon with most kills for the USAF F-15C fleet.

For me this is about the realism and accuracy for a model, but I understand that others may feel otherwise and see no problem with mixing newer stores on a "older" time period scheme. I will most likely buy this model, so its not about that (the models looks stunning!), just seems very strange to not include what you could argue is the F-15Cs historical main weapon.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

At the risk of showing my ignorance, how does one get the landing / taxi lights to show. I see the switch is turned on but I don't see the light showing. I checked the light section of the aircraft.cfg and don't see a landing light there. I know some are modeled with the aircraft. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks! Edit, I looked very closely again and see a tiny dot in the center of the landing light. Is there a way to make it more visible?
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    At the risk of showing my ignorance, how does one get the landing / taxi lights to show. I see the switch is turned on but I don't see the light showing. I checked the light section of the aircraft.cfg and don't see a landing light there. I know some are modeled with the aircraft. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks! Edit, I looked very closely again and see a tiny dot in the center of the landing light. Is there a way to make it more visible?
    It's Prepar3D that's to blame Tom, the stock landing light is truly awful. Only way to improve things is to use third-party lights. The landing light has to be modeled in because it moves with the oleo leg assembly, but the effect can still be replaced with another, brighter version if you can find one.

Beautiful shots MDIvey!

Nice Job Dean. Was trying to resist because I don't use FSX much these days but... just couldn't manage it.

Matt

Zsolt, I fixed my empty aircraft floating nose wheel with these updated Aircraft.cfg [contact_points] lines:

static_pitch= 0.000

point.0= 1, 13.700, 0.000, -7.160, 1781, 0, 0.928, 50, 0.227, 1.600, 0.800, 3.000, 4.000, 0
    point.1= 1, -6.500, -5.282, -7.300, 1975, 1, 1.441, 0, 0.547, 1.300, 0.355, 3.500, 4.500, 2
    point.2= 1, -6.500, 5.282, -7.300, 1975, 2, 1.441, 0, 0.547, 1.300, 0.355, 3.500, 4.500, 3

Does any know if there is a deal if you want to get the 64 bit and the 32 bit version?

Quote Originally Posted by Krair View Post
    Does any know if there is a deal if you want to get the 64 bit and the 32 bit version?
    Not as far as I know, sorry. We had to split the two types this time due to their complexity and the arrival of P3D v5 - the models are now so different in v5 from FSX that they need compiling separately.

Thanks for the clarification.

I enjoy the 64bit version and will probably get the 32bit version later.

But you know what? I'm eagerly awaiting the repaints that this lovely bird will generate!

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    But you know what? I'm eagerly awaiting the repaints that this lovely bird will generate!

Priller
    Give Groom Lake simulations a follow on FB. He's already done some amazing work for the DC Designs Super Hornet/Growler package

Quote Originally Posted by assassinezzio View Post
    Give Groom Lake simulations a follow on FB. He's already done some amazing work for the DC Designs Super Hornet/Growler package
    Well, as someone working in IT, I don't do FB. You may find this somewhat blazé, but it is what it is.

Priller

This is Groom Lake Simulations official website. He hasn't posted any F-15 repaints just yet.

https://groomlakesimulations.wixsite.com/groomlake

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Members who have read this thread: 0