DC Designs F-15 C, E & I Eagle (for P3D v4/v5) is Out
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DC Designs F-15 C, E & I Eagle (for P3D v4/v5) is Out

A couple of the adjustable intakes

Do You have dynamic reflection ON? This canopy looks very transparent (too much).
    MV example but with dynamic reflection ON:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

A note to prevent confusion. The MV Eagle shown in Yo Yo's post is in development and not available. Hopefully Milviz will bring this beauty to us soon. SOON!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

With the Dynamic Reflections off.

Still not overly reflective but better than with it on.

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    A note to prevent confusion. The MV Eagle shown in Yo Yo's post is in development and not available. Hopefully Milviz will bring this beauty to us soon. SOON!

Cheers for the confirmation that was not the DC F-15

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Cheers for the confirmation that was not the DC F-15
    Yes, model of Eagle (for P3D 64 bits) done by MV not released .... and not soon I suppose ; ).
    Last edited by YoYo; May 18th, 2020 at 07:52.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Yes, model of Eagle done by MV not released .... and not soon I suppose ; ).
    After my last conversation with JB, I have to agree with you. It will be extra special, however, provided USAF allows them to provide it to us civilians.

Has any one flown the JF F-15? How realistic is the FDE?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Hi!!! Nice plane, thanks for that! Was waiting for a good F15 a long time!

May i ask: (Just asking ok?) Is there a way to take out this helmet refletctions from the gauges? I think the realism would be better.

Thank you!

EDIT: Nevermind! Found the information i want in pg39 of the manual!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pilot.jpg  
    Last edited by flaviossa; May 18th, 2020 at 11:56. Reason: + information
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Has any one flown the JF F-15? How realistic is the FDE?
    I've never flown the real thing, but this seems to be spot on regarding the FDE.

Oh, and the VC's are really nice. It's not a study level model, but it is HUGE fun to fly.

Here's to hoping for as many as possible repaints for the C model! (paintkit included)

Cheers,

Priller

just wondering, is there an ability to add 3rd party pop up gauges with this model, I only ask as the F18 package wouldnt allow me to add extra pop up gauges which was confirmed by another user in the f18 thread

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    just wondering, is there an ability to add 3rd party pop up gauges with this model, I only ask as the F18 package wouldnt allow me to add extra pop up gauges which was confirmed by another user in the f18 thread
    No problem here with adding panel popups to the DCD F-15.

Added the stock radio stack and GPS. Initial F-15C flight got a CTD referencing my VRS TP.dll after changing the NAV radios, reboot and all normal with Tacpack off. A couple of things:
    1)External tanks adding fuel after using WPN menu? Added centerline and still only had internal gas shown on gauge.
    2)Not having the FSX F-18 anymore in P3D, but anyway to add GPS/NAV bearing pointers to the HSI and HUD data?
    3)Larger text on the radar display and no text on the TEWS? I'm using the C to intercept AI.

Another great build and I like how you kept everything basic by using existing panel space (autopilot over the INS panel) to make it look the part. Pilot kneeboards are a nice touch and useful. I still need to test the Mud Hen.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Hi everyone, sorry I've been slow to pick up on this thread again - I always check the FSX thread but forget to pop in here!

Great shots noddy!

P3D v5 handles transparencies and reflections differently to the other sims due to it's shiny new lighting system. It's something I'm learning to cater for - I've learned how to make the canopies properly reflective now but am still working to understand how to make the specular and bumps show up the way they should. When it's solved, there will be a dedicated v5 version of the Eagles released, which will be a free upgrade for all 64-bit users.

Hope you're all enjoying the Eagles, they were a blast to flight test!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Thank you for this little beauty

One question though, on one of the models (sorry forgot which one) one of the under wing tanks
    Is a different colour to the middle and other wing tanks, is that how the should be?

Will the a snap tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I've never flown the real thing, but this seems to be spot on regarding the FDE.
    I have flown the real thing (back seat of an F-15D) and from what I remember the flight model is spot on. It was really fun to recreate the straight-up takeoff.

However, there are no crushing G-forces, nor is there severe nausea made worse by the heavy breathing sound of the pilot in front. But that's probably an improvement over the real thing.

Looking forward to the "D" down the road for the full recreation of my Tyndall flight! (Sans nausea...)

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Thank you for this little beauty

One question though, on one of the models (sorry forgot which one) one of the under wing tanks
    Is a different colour to the middle and other wing tanks, is that how the should be?

Will the a snap tomorrow.
    The F-15C right side tank color is too bright. It uses texture F15-tnk_right.dds and it looks like a layer is missing.
    The left and center tank use textures F15-TNK.dds and F15-TNK_C.dds - they appear to be correct. BTW, the P3Dv4 content error check reports that the f15-tnk_s.dds specular texture is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    The F-15C right side tank color is too bright. It uses texture F15-tnk_right.dds and it looks like a layer is missing.
    The left and center tank use textures F15-TNK.dds and F15-TNK_C.dds - they appear to be correct. BTW, the P3Dv4 content error check reports that the f15-tnk_s.dds specular texture is missing.
    Having copied the left tank and renaming to
    F15-tnk_right.dds it seems to have worked.

Cheers for the HU.

Great shots again Noddy, the airplane looks good in v5 even without the specs and bump showing as much as they should

Thanks for the info on the missing specular and tank texture, I've put it on the list of first-round updates.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Hi!!! Nice plane, thanks for that! Was waiting for a good F15 a long time!

May i ask: (Just asking ok?) Is there a way to take out this helmet refletctions from the gauges? I think the realism would be better.

Thank you!

EDIT: Nevermind! Found the information i want in pg39 of the manual!
    Thanks for the heads up on the helmet reflections from the gauges I found it most annoying. Is there a fix for the canopy transparency? I also found the sounds to be very weak but that was an easy fix for me. Does anyone else get OVERSPEED at MACH 1.7? This should be a MACH 2+ aircraft
    Greg :USA-flag:

Always enjoyed seeing the F-15C's fly out of KPDX Portland, Oregon. They are known as the Redhawks of the 142nd Fighter Wing.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F-15C Redhawks.jpg  
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 1