DC Designs F-15 C, E & I Eagle (for P3D v4/v5) is Out - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DC Designs F-15 C, E & I Eagle (for P3D v4/v5) is Out

32nd TFS F-15C from Soesterberg AB, the Netherlands, 1982. It was not easy to create the brighter ghost grey retro camo with the paintkit because some essential layers are welded together and I use Corel Paintshop instead of Gimp...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCD_F-15C_CR_790016.jpg  

Great scheme there.

I thought the same when I looked over the paintkit, a little disappointing as it requires a lot more work as the layers need to be separated out in order to make a nice looking paint. I still haven't painted anything because of this reason, every time I look at it I just can't build up the motivation to separate everything before I even start painting.
    Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    Great scheme there.

I thought the same when I looked over the paintkit, a little disappointing as it requires a lot more work as the layers need to be separated out in order to make a nice looking paint. I still haven't painted anything because of this reason, every time I look at it I just can't build up the motivation to separate everything before I even start painting.
    Yeah, me too. I wanted to do an Air Superiority Blue scheme, even though it was only on early A models. I've always liked that scheme. I was also going to do a Vietnam era texture, because I was thinking of the North American F-X mock up in those colors. Of course, I saw someone already did it for the DCS F-15, but I don't fly DCS.

Nice work on the Compass Gray Scheme hschuit.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    32nd TFS F-15C from Soesterberg AB, the Netherlands, 1982. It was not easy to create the brighter ghost grey retro camo with the paintkit because some essential layers are welded together and I use Corel Paintshop instead of Gimp...
    Great work!

There should be a separate layer of the two-tone grey in the paint kit with no dirt, and panels and rivets should also be in a separate layer group. It's possible though that I've missed the plain background out amid all the complexity of producing the final release - I'll check when I get chance. If it's missing, I'll ensure it's added to the next update.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Dean thanks for looking at the paintkit, in the meantime I uploaded this Eiffel Eagle from the 22nd TFS (Bitburg Germany 1984).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCD_F-15C_790064.jpg  

hschuit,

Firstly many thanks for the new skins, but I do have a problem with the 790016 skin per the screens below.

Not sure if it is the paint or me?

Cheers,
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    [B]hschuit,

Firstly many thanks for the new skins, but I do have a problem with the 790016 skin per the screens below.

Not sure if it is the paint or me?

Cheers,
    Andy
    Same issue in FSX. If you compare the folder contents with another texture folder, you'll notice a couple files missing such as those ending as BUMP.DDS and LM.DDS. Copy them over to the 790016 folder and you should be good to go.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Same issue in FSX. If you compare the folder contents with another texture folder, you'll notice a couple files missing such as those ending as BUMP.DDS and LM.DDS. Copy them over to the 790016 folder and you should be good to go.
    Thanks for solving the problem - I added the missing files to the download (these 2 files are common for all paints, I moved mine to the shared texture folder and then forgot to add them for the downloads).

Henk.

New update is out at Just Flight.

Hi DC1973, the issue (hole in the vc) i showed to you some time ago is still there in the -E version. (You said that youīre going to fix that) Hope that itīs still in the to do list.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EfblZz.jpg  
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

That grey area pointed by the red arrows is the airport tarmac outside the plane.
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    That grey area pointed by the red arrows is the airport tarmac outside the plane.
    This was a low-priority bug fix, as it was the only one referring to the virtual cockpit - it can also only be seen from a low vantage point in the cockpit, not something users do much. The next update to the F-15s will include full PBR support, including inside the VC, so the gap will be fixed at that time.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Sorry to bring back this old topic, but as the dev comes here from time to time, can he say something about the next update? Any time frame? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Sorry to bring back this old topic, but as the dev comes here from time to time, can he say something about the next update? Any time frame? Thanks
    Concorde is almost ready for launch. The Super Hornet updates are next right after that, with the Eagle updates following. They will be the last work performed for FSX or P3D for the forseeable future as I switch to MSFS and convert all three packages to the new simulator.

I would hope to have all these final updates for FSX / P3D completed by the end of September, so your updated Eagles will be ready by then

Thanks!

It is a real shame that this splendid model has been virtually ignored by almost all repainters. The JASDF Eagle Aggressors would value it a lot.
    Only one person showed some work, but he never made it available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHcc...ghterfield.556

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

No conspiracy against the F-15

Quote Originally Posted by Fulvio_61 View Post
    It is a real shame that this splendid model has been virtually ignored by almost all repainters. The JASDF Eagle Aggressors would value it a lot.

Hi Fulvio_61

I donīt know which repainter you mean? If you mean Zsoltquack here in this forum - a very capable repainter who has done a lot of DCS F-15 repaints (and others) - than what is there against asking / to pm him friendly to publish or to produce the one or the other repaint? Perhaps he is even interested in doing a special wished repaint for you/for the community?

I think this DCS bird is not ignored - there is no conspiracy against it ... We all can be happy for every tough work the repainters give us for free... There is no commitment to do any repaints of a bird...

You can also propose DCS to publish a special "Japan 日本 F-15 Repaint Edition" for a little money. I think there are more fans of this repaints ...and DCS would possibly sell more DCS F-15īs in the Asian sales region?

Greetings
    RSE

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Oh sorry....

I meant DCD - not DCS

Another aspect of the missing repaints: This DCD bird was published when FS 2020 was appearing on the horizon... It could be that the eyes and thoughts of a lot of repainters are more aimed on this new FS world at time.

Itīs sad (I like FSX) but ff you are honest there are many good reasons for modelers and repainters to focuse on the future - FS 2020.

Only my opinion..

RS

Hi RS, I contacted the repainter you mentioned twice: the first for the SSW Starfighter, and the second for this DCS model. I have never been successful with my requests.
    In the second case I was told that for the repaint of F-15 that he frequently presented in the "Screenshot" section he had received a donation, and therefore it was not possible to publish them.
    Obviously I don't mean to disrespect in any way these people who publish their works for free ... too bad I don't have their skills to be able to do it myself.
    As for the concomitance with FS 2020, I don't think it's a problem. There are still people working for FSX, and there may be compatibility between P3D and FS 2020 for repaint.
    Regards,
    Fulvio

I add that obviously I don't think there is any conspiracy against it, but in the SOH library I think you can find only about 4/5 repaint of this model, while several can be found in the "GroomLake Simulations" site.
    Also here I tried to request some repaint of the JASDF Aggressors if possible, but again without success.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulvio_61 View Post

Hardly ignored. These guys have done some great stuff for the DC Designs Super Hornet/Growler and the F-15.

https://groomlakesimulations.wixsite...omlake/blank-1

Quote Originally Posted by assassinezzio View Post
    Hardly ignored. These guys have done some great stuff for the DC Designs Super Hornet/Growler and the F-15.

https://groomlakesimulations.wixsite...omlake/blank-1
    There are some decent 'authentic' skins mingled in among the 'fictional' stuff.
    You'll find several by Matt 'Jeansy' Levi that are up to his usual standard.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    There are some decent 'authentic' skins mingled in among the 'fictional' stuff.
    You'll find several by Matt 'Jeansy' Levi that are up to his usual standard.
    Sorry, I dont have this model, and have had zero interest in painting anything in a while.

so for now you stuck with the fake Wing Commander Barry Magann RAAF. Who is behind Groom Lake Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Sorry, I dont have this model, and have had zero interest in painting anything in a while.

so for now you stuck with the fake Wing Commander Barry Magann RAAF. Who is behind Groom Lake Simulations
    Sorry Matt, I was really pointing out that some of your repaints had appeared on the site, not necessarily that they were for the DC Designs birds.
    Barry-Bloody-Magann!
    Man's a complete Dickhead.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0