Boulton Paul Defiant MkII radar equiped uploaded - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boulton Paul Defiant MkII radar equiped uploaded

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    Did you rename the Hurricane's XDP shortname to contain "A.I.iv" ? Having said that, I dont think GCI will work very well for mid-1940 unless you are over the channel or along the south-east coast.
    Ah! I forgot that!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Hi rpb,
    For me, ''Beaufighters in the Night'' is unfortunately just not a very good book, few details, combats etc, mostly sqaudron life and anecdotes, which was a shame and disappointed about.

''No Place for Chivalry: RAF Night Fighters Defend the East of England Against the German Air Force in Two World Wars'', is not a bad read. Starts off a bit too 'chatty' and verbose, but settles down to give good accounts of Home Defence in the Eastern counties and NE areas of the UK, from the very early days.

Steve,
    You're spot on with GCI coverage in the early days, although there was also coverage in the Midlands and East yorkshire to Liverpool areas.

Below pic is of CH high and low radar coverage around the UK in '39-'40, which is obviously needed for GCI.

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chain_home_coverage.jpg  

You are correct Shessi, I am pretty sure I roughly covered all the CH/CHL areas on that map

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    Did you rename the Hurricane's XDP shortname to contain "A.I.iv" ? Having said that, I dont think GCI will work very well for mid-1940 unless you are over the channel or along the south-east coast.
    So I made a Hurri ShortName="BoB_Huri_017 A.I.iv/vi" and put it in our old Blenheim short mission but using the latest radar ap. I got the stock voice messages but was always 'no target in range' even when they were on top of me. This was the same route as we had success with the Blenheim. I don't see how actually having the radar iN the ac would matter.

The radar in the vc wont make a difference. I am not sure what has changed but have you tried editing the mission date to late '41 or '42?

No but was the same as previous mission; only made daylight and Hurri. I will play around with it!

tried the short mission in daylight with another aircraft and everything still works fine for me. Are the enemy still over the channel when you intercept?

Well at the moment even none of the original test missions are working for me. I assume the latest app works with all the different radar sets? I get the voice info from F C but always no enemies in range even when I can see them. Even the radar seems to indicate some activity. I'll look at the issue again.

Most likely the enemy aircraft are in an area not covered by ground based radar. If you still have no success just send me the mission as you have it now.

So Steve, was there always some relationship between those GCI stations we did and the A.I.Radar.EXE ? For some reason I thought that was not a real relationship so I seem not to have understood what you programmed in the app.

Are you saying that only certain enemy flights will be picked up, and if so, how is that determined?

Is there also some distance relationship between (In CFS3) GCI locations, player ac and enemy ac?

Mongoose,
    You will be directed to the closest enemy flight that is inside the area of ground radar coverage and within 30 miles of player aircraft. Areas of ground radar coverage are hard coded in the app but will change depending on your mission date. Unspawned enemies will be hidden until they are spawned.

Are the GCI opening dates based on the stuff we researched before, so they would vary area to area?

Would it be a big job to prpgramme the app ( or a diff version) to CH stations?

Any altitude limitations?

Could you email me your the short mission in daylight with another aircraft and everything still works fine for me" mission?

I thinks its better you send me your broken mission so I can see whats wrong

Members who have read this thread: 0