Milviz Phantom F-4E (ADV) - hard to fly....

Thread: Milviz Phantom F-4E (ADV) - hard to fly....

Hybrid View

Milviz Phantom F-4E (ADV) - hard to fly....

Hi everybody,

just noticed in my P3Dv4.5 that my F-4E (Advanced version...) shows a bad behaviour after take off. She is shying like a startled horse and I am not able to get her back into a smooth flight.
    Anybody else who noticed this behaviour?
    It's the first time that I want to fly her in P3Dv4.5 and I am a little shocked about this....

The non-advanced version in 4.2 was a trusty workhorse, but not this one....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Hi everybody,

just noticed in my P3Dv4.5 that my F-4E (Advanced version...) shows a bad behaviour after take off. She is shying like a startled horse and I am not able to get her back into a smooth flight.
    Anybody else who noticed this behaviour?
    It's the first time that I want to fly her in P3Dv4.5 and I am a little shocked about this....

The non-advanced version in 4.2 was a trusty workhorse, but not this one....
    This issue has been noted by many others, including myself. It's uninstalled on my system and considered lost money.
    It's known to Milviz, but I've given up any hope they'll correct it.

Gary

Milviz has taken, in my opinion, a lot of undeserved grief for the flying characteristics of their F-4 Adv. I have seen, for example, folks complaining about how they can't stay on speed in an approach when the fuel tanks are full. Additionally, stall speed is unrealistically high when the pilot is clearly not in the proper weight envelope.

Other examples include, how the aircraft flips side to side in pre-stall condition. Finally, the example of how on take off, the front of the jet rears up and creates a stall. I have even heard the complain that the Milviz model does not have a parking brake.

Frankly, all of these examples mentioned, and a few more reported, were real world characteristics of the jet. I will leave you with this quote and this link.

"Naval aviators were rudely initiated into an F-4 idiosyncrasy: As airplane and deck parted company, the Phantom’s nose initially rose slowly. And with a bit of speed, the nose could over-rotate to a near-stall attitude if not controlled. “It got pretty wild,” says Chesire. “It was always lots of fun to watch new guys take off.”"

https://www.airspacemag.com/military...-do-180953944/

Trust me
    henrystreet , I've tried every combination, every user fix and every suggestion offered.
    This bird doesn't fly …...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I haven't had any problems flying it by the NATOPS manual.

I have seen many folks complain about the flight model, but did not properly set up their controls per Milviz instruction.

Maybe I have to voice self-critism at this point....

I have to say I am not able to fly the F-4 like a real jet pilot.
    Yes, of course, in most case due to my spare free time I do start aircraft with control+E and want to enjoy "flying" jets but as a hobby.
    That's not MILVIZ' mistake...
    If "Advanced" means to study manuals for weeks, learning flying skills for months and getting flying routine for years, I completely did a wrong purchase.
    But that's not MILVIZ' mistake.
    If their product is that real that normal flightsim pilots are not able to fly it, it's not MILVIZ' mistake.

But in this case, MILVIZ' is under the duty to warn users like me of buying this addon or has to advert users to the high demand of using this F-4 at least....

In my opinion, that's MILVIZ' mistake.

Why is it not possible using the fantastic aircraft furthermore like under P3Dv4 - v4.2? If you are reading this, please take stock of yourself and enable this beloved aircraft again to all of us who purchased it.

We also can appreciate your great work and spirit in this jet even if we are no real pilots!
    You don't will lose any respect if you make this aircraft (again...) more easy to fly....but you will probably win more customers and fans (back)....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Members who have read this thread: 5