Will come back on those queries. Squadrons were moved around to an extent, as well as often flying from forward 'satellite' airfields rather than the Sector (ground controller ops room equipped) airfields which were their home stations. So I can pick based on an available orbat around Adlertag. Re a spawn-triggering airfield in each sector, depends if it would be best to have one near the coast (say Warmwell, for 10 Group) or more central (say Middle Wallop ).

The map below might be as good a source as anything, showing both bases and who was there.

Whatever else can be managed (and I wish I could be more use here not just writing cheques I can't cash!) two essentials would I think be:

1. campaign.xml tweaked so that starting on 10 July, and regardless of how badly the player performs, invasion of England is not possible until at least a week after the Luftwaffe got serious on Adlertag, later if the player is not completely hopeless (with invasion of France being possible if you've basically wiped the Luftwaffe from the skies, chased the Kriegsmarine from the seas, and bombed the French coastal zone into the consistency of fine sand); and

2. Some way of enabling the RAF player to chose between starting a fighter campaign in a Spit, or a Hurri, or a Defiant or a Blehneim If - which might be an edit to the techtree and if really necessary, four cloned campaigns to restrict the choice to one particular A/C. Abacus did something to try to ensure the player got a Mossie for their add-on, although I see the FAQ say if you get changed later to a Spit IX, that's because 'the campaign has a mind of it own...if you want to continue to fly the Mosquito, you will have to request a new aircraft. You can do this as soon as you have 5000 prestige points'. Even if - as in real life - you have to accept the fact you might get transferred to a squadron flying a different A/C, better taking that chance for the sake of being able to chose your mount freely, either by choosing a campaign which reliably starts you on just that A/C, or enables the player to pick between the four, at the very start, without having to rack up points first. . That capability would be a big step forward.

PS looking at the Abacus Mossie Combat manual I see that have managed to allocate RAF squadrons to Groups, not as in stock CFS3 to Wings, which would be good to do the the Battle of Britain. Poking about in one of their three dynamic campaign files might be revealing.