Mossie's

Thread: Mossie's

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Mossie's

I was rummaging around yesterday looking for some searchlight meshes and I found two mossies. One with a big belly and no exhaust shields, and another with bombbay doors and exhaust shields, glass nose, all mapped with pits and everything - imagine that. No finished textures that I could find, but really stopped looking since well too much other stuff to do. So was there a solid nose version with cannon and guns and a bombbay. I imagine if so rockets too. Just asking.

If I ever get to these, I will - but not now.

So it sounds like you're looking for:

• A Mossie with a bulged bomb bay, no exhaust shields, and a sold nose (guns & cannon).

• A Mossie with a bulged bomb bay, exhaust shields, and a glass nose.

If so, some VERY quick research suggests that Mk XVIs and retrofitted Mk IVs had bulged bomb bays but both were glass-nosed. The examples I found also lacked exhaust shields, although their presence seems to have been pretty varied.

I can find no bulged bomb bay solid-nosed examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Threedp View Post
    So it sounds like you're looking for:

• A Mossie with a bulged bomb bay, no exhaust shields, and a sold nose (guns & cannon).

• A Mossie with a bulged bomb bay, exhaust shields, and a glass nose.

If so, some VERY quick research suggests that Mk XVIs and retrofitted Mk IVs had bulged bomb bays but both were glass-nosed. The examples I found also lacked exhaust shields, although their presence seems to have been pretty varied.

I can find no bulged bomb bay solid-nosed examples.
    Seems NachtPiloten has them in his HD maze; just not finished! A pity the Mossie development group folded though.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Yep! That's the one I was thinking of. Has there been any further news or has the model been passed on?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Hard to be certain from the low-res clip, but it looks like a B.XVI with the 'chinned' Merlins, also the bulged bomb-bay. Fairly sure it also has the stock small wheels replaced and the curve restored to the fin leading edge, too.

No James, he just stopped working on it all of sudden, been quite a while now, so I doubt it will ever be finished, which is a shame, I really liked the model work!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

It was a completely new scratch built model, it had nothing to do with the stock crap, apart from using its pit as a placeholder.
    John

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo/4 View Post
    No James, he just stopped working on it all of sudden, been quite a while now, so I doubt it will ever be finished, which is a shame, I really liked the model work!
    That's a real pity! I hope he is OK though re the health issues. Any news there?

I don't know, but I hope he is ok.
    The model was a B-35 version with bulged bomb bay, he also did a BXVI and had plans for other earlier versions, as these two were quite late Mosquitos.

John

Keep it coming!

Oh my word.....

Hello all,

Well I had a message from Pat saying that, apparently my Mossies were in a conversation/thread on here and so I came to see how my Mossies have managed to stay in around for all this time.

I am currently on with a large project for DCS, which I started back in 2011 but because of life and health everything took a back seat and now I have the time and health back I'm on with that, but I DO still have all those beauties on my HDD.

With a little patience and time if you allow me to, I will return to finishing the Mossies over the rest of this year along side my other projects, work and family..... lol.

Kind regards,

Dave

P.S. Yes Bravo you remember them well. The project was well on the way building the B35, which Kev and Myself were lucky enough to go to https://www.dehavillandmuseum.co.uk/...quito-b-mk-35/ and climb in and all over to measure and take as many photos as we wanted for the day.

We also had in the works an FB, NF, PR and the BIV but wasn't limited to whatever was wanted.

Lets see how many of you remember this lot being worked on back in the day....

Still got all the files, just looking through the stuff I have managed to not lose over the years.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Past Projects.JPG  

Great news to hear you are healthy again, so stay away from idiots not socially distancing! I'm sure Ted will also be delighted to hear the news on the Mossies; especially NFs and intruders. I certainly am!

Found even more...

Found even more old files that we were working on a the time.

@Frosty, NSS, Beaubrummie, Stumpjumper, Pat Pattle, Bravo and many others.

Dave

P.S> Sadly it looks as if I no longer have the C Type hanger I made for CFS3, which was my claim to fame as it was first hanger you could taxi through at the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Forgotten projects.JPG  
    Last edited by Dave(Dangerous)Boynton; May 27th, 2020 at 07:28. Reason: Missing info

Lots of interesting looking stuff there. The loss of OZx was a blow as I suspect a lot of stuff was going through that as well as the ETO ftp. The latter I have backed up most of it.

Blog Entries
    Hey Dave,
    Glad to see you back here old chap! Gosh I remember some those projects, Amiens Jail being one that I think I still have stuff for.
    As for the Mossie, fantastic that you still have it, I'd forgotten how far advanced it was!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Hey Clive,

Yeah we were on with a lot back then. I was trying to get the FB Mossie done and then the Amien's prison so we could do the prison breakout in multiplayer.

Yeah I was surprised at how good the old B35 looked when things came to a grinding halt although I look at some of the models I made compared to now and think my word they look shocking. I've only been back at modeling for the last 2 months on a project for DCS but I have thought over the last few weeks about either redoing the Mossie or completing the original version for CFS3. I was going to do one for DCS but there is already one in the making so it is pointless.

Just installed Gmax so now I need to get the AVSDK installed so I can export to CFS3.

It's been many years since doing CFS3 stuff so you're going to have to bare with me for some time.

Great to be back and still remembered.

Dave

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    This all is awesome news ! Great to have you back Dave ! The B-35 and Mossies will be wonderful. Can't wait to see your work again...

Thank you mate, it's good to be back with you guys.

I keep seeing usernames crop up and thinking "Yep, remember you." lol.

Members who have read this thread: 1