Les Chevaliers Du Ciel (series)

Thread: Les Chevaliers Du Ciel (series)

SOH-CM-2020

Les Chevaliers Du Ciel (series)

Hi there,

I hope all are well in those turbulent times!

Well when I was a child a few years ago, I read with a fried comic books like "Tanguy and Laverdure". There are amazing drawings of mostly French and European aircraft but despite of that, they were fantasticially done!

Today I discovered that there's a series (Les Chevaliers Du Ciel) about those stories from back in 1967, containing great air-to-air footage and I'd like to share one I found on youtube, so enjoy:

Best regards!

Yes. You can watch them on Youtube. Just search for "Les Chevaliers Du Ciel".

Don't forget "Les Faucheurs de marguerites" (The Daisie's cutter).

The most remarkable fact in this TV series is that the aircraft are actual reproductions really flown by real pilots, no CGI gimmick.
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

Blog Entries
    In case you would like an outside opinion on the sky fighters, "Mover ( C.W.Lamoine ) did a pretty honest and good review of it some time ago..

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    In case you would like an outside opinion on the sky fighters, "Mover ( C.W.Lamoine ) did a pretty honest and good review of it some time ago..

Nice review of a good movie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Nice review of a good movie.
    I thought so too.. Mover is a very intresting person. He's been a Navy F-18 Super Hornet pilot, an airforce F-16 Viper pilot, and hold a commercial license which is his current day job, I think.. So, I normally blow off European hero maker movies like this, but when he approved of it, I had to rethink it as he is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to flying and combat..

From wiki..

"The three seasons were originally filmed in colour but the first season was broadcast on French TV from September 1967 in black and white, as French television was only in black and white at the time."

I cannot remember if we had a colour TV at the time I saw the series as a kid when it was broadcast in the UK in the early 70s. I only remember seeing it in black & white, but even if we did have a colour TV at that time, that would explain my memory.

Members who have read this thread: 0