The server is too busy... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The server is too busy...

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    It's all the more frustrating after typing a post and it freezing on submitting it so you lose it and have to start again. Which happened just now!
    Tip: write your message with Notepad, copy and paste when finished. No go (i.e. freezing), no worries.

In trying to upgrade this server I could probably write a book on how not to support your customers. When it starts you will know and when its done I will rant about the amount of time it takes to get a simple server setup. At that point I will also explain why I couldn't just move the server to a new company... One right down the road from me that I could support the server directly.

Right now its still a work in process.

Once it is done somethings will be better. What will not be better is when we have a new very popular download everyone wants. Those days will stress your average server.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Dave, I'm very much assured that you and your "staff" are doing all that can be done under the circumstances. I have an inkling what is involved and I will just say, I don't envy you. It's a thankless, seemingly never-ending tasks that keep coming up. I've been able to access the site 23.5 hrs per day... Not too shabby for a popular site such as SOH. Keep up the good work..Best of luck during the "transition".

Dave, I do hope you will be succesful!
    I encountered the dreaded message today for 2.5 hours at least, and it's like that nearly every morning for me here in Europe...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Here in Texas (CST) the only time I've seen it is after midnight, between say 1AM and 3AM
    That's it. Between 8AM and 10AM Central European Time, when most European users check this website before going to work or right after getting up on week-end days. That's why most of the people complaining about this issue are people living in Europe. Most of you American users are sleeping at this time of the night.

Skip that....wrong thread.....
    The Sky is the Limit
    The ground is just an unfortunate inconvenience!

2 times till now Today....
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

2 times till now Today....
    YoYo,

Well it is clear you are in now and you are one of the 544 which currently are (51 members and 493 guests). In my explanation I have asked for some understanding and patience Obviously you did not read this yet.

This place is run by volunteers who stick many hours of their free time in this site. The costs are covered by people who want to contribute to their own community here to keep it in the air.

To me it seems the only thing you lately want to contribute is complaints.

Thanks,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2021
    I'm in the UK, and have no problems connecting at any time.

51 members and 493 guests? I'm speechless!

Den.

Looks like an good explanation for those having trouble has been made. I personally have never had any trouble with this site. I have noticed when a product comes out some sites become overloaded. Also with most still at home the Internet itself can see an abundance of traffic thus creating an overload. The comments here I think have answered most questions. Time to close this thread and move on. Thanks to all who contributed.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 0