FR Super Cub Extreme for v5 Released - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FR Super Cub Extreme for v5 Released

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    I noticed that light problem also in v5.
    I think this is just the never-ending lighting bug in action again (and there's lots more to that). It probably happens in FSX, as well. Everything is coded and animated correctly. The best remedy I know that sometimes works of is to not use the Cub in a saved flight if there's been another aircraft in other previously. Or try loading a default C-172 first. Others may have other things to try.

Solution for this is very simply - dont use F-22 default flight as start flight. Personally this is the first thing what I do after new simulator instalation. Take Maule, turn off everything, save it as default flight. Next each plane will be in Cold and Dark condition from the beginning with all or near all switches and levers in down position. If it doesnt help, use (when saving) cockpit familiarization option („on”). 3 minutes of work only .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Good idea, YoYo.

I usually do the same, however, withall the updates coming so fast and close together, it just slipped my mind. Senior moments are kicking in. 😎

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

This is short tutorial C&D from Milviz, from 9 page:
    https://milviz.com/Online_products/M...20C&D%20UG.pdf .
    For P3D I marked it as Default flight. Works ok for me from FSX times. .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

YoYo,

Thanks. I had already, when I first got P3D v4, the default Cub for my Default Flight...but after reading the Milviz article I think the Cub was a bad choice as it could be considered "to simple"...no switches. I'll try changing to the Maule, as you do, plus going through the Milviz procedure and see what happens.

Garry

Okay...followed the Milviz procedure using the Maule for the default flight. Interesting thing is that when I then load the Maule, and turn off "Pause", the Master Battery Switch and the Nav lights switch goes on. Went through the Milviz procedure again but same result.

So I turned off the Master Battery and Nav Light switch on the Maule, then loaded the Super Cub...no help. Still loads with the master battery off but the Nav Light switch ON and the strobes flashing. Also, when I went outside to look at the Nav Lights I see it is only the left strobe that is flashing. I have to turn on the master battery and strobe light switch to get all three strobes flashing.

Don't know what you mean by the "Cockpit Familiarization Option"...but could not find such an option.

Any ideas?

Garry

Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    Okay...followed the Milviz procedure using the Maule for the default flight. Interesting thing is that when I then load the Maule, and turn off "Pause", the Master Battery Switch and the Nav lights switch goes on. Went through the Milviz procedure again but same result.

So I turned off the Master Battery and Nav Light switch on the Maule, then loaded the Super Cub...no help. Still loads with the master battery off but the Nav Light switch ON and the strobes flashing. Also, when I went outside to look at the Nav Lights I see it is only the left strobe that is flashing. I have to turn on the master battery and strobe light switch to get all three strobes flashing.

Don't know what you mean by the "Cockpit Familiarization Option"...but could not find such an option.

Any ideas?

Garry

For me its ok, but now I use only Ultra version. Maybe a bug in Extreme? I'll check Extreme version how it work in my situation.

About ticked option - sorry, serialization , turn it on (on screen I have off) and save the flight, see what happens:

YoYo,

Well...interesting result. Glad you mentioned the Cockpit Serialization thing...had forgotten about that as never used it. So that did not help my new Default Flight, with the Maule...still loads with the Master Switch and Nav Switch on. But...if I then turn them off and then now load the Super Cub...Master Switch and Nav Switch are both off and I'm in a C&D condition.

What's really strange, as I said before...it's only the port strobe light that goes on with the Nav lights. The others require I turn on the strobe lights.

Go figure. Any way thanks for your help.

Garry

No Electrical Charging

This started out to be only an occasional issue...but now is every flight. Start up the engine and the Volt/Amp meter says 0.0. I can fly for about 30 minutes than I loose all electrical power to the cockpit, including the radios (as if the battery went dead from no charging). Funny thing is exterior lights work except for landing lights. Makes night flight kind of interesting.

I tried loading my P3D v4.5 default flight first, using the Maule, and having it with Master & Alt switches turned on but no help. Occasionally, during that 30 minutes before I loose electrical, the Volt meter will come on with the 28v showing...but it doesn't last and shortly will go back to 0.0.

Any ideas on how to fix would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Garry

This started out to be only an occasional issue...but now is every flight. Start up the engine and the Volt/Amp meter says 0.0. I can fly for about 30 minutes than I loose all electrical power to the cockpit, including the radios (as if the battery went dead from no charging). Funny thing is exterior lights work except for landing lights. Makes night flight kind of interesting.

I tried loading my P3D v4.5 default flight first, using the Maule, and having it with Master & Alt switches turned on but no help. Occasionally, during that 30 minutes before I loose electrical, the Volt meter will come on with the 28v showing...but it doesn't last and shortly will go back to 0.0.

Thanks,

Garry
    The Super Cub doesn't have an on/off generator/alternator, and so if you're using it in a flight that has had a different aircraft in it previously, you may be flying with the 'invisible' generator/alternator off. This means you're flying on the battery alone, and this will get used up.

A good way to check is to create a new flight with, say, the default C-172. Make sure the generator switch is on. Save this flight. Then, load the flight, and then switch to the Super Cub. This should cure the problem.

Alternatively, you can always add the "electric_always_available=1" entry into the aircraft.cfg, and then you never risk losing power.

Thanks,

Garry
    Its not issue but difference between models (and your saved default flight). After do whole checklist, when engine is running hit Ctrl+E (Im not fan of this) but you recive proper voltage.

Thanks YoYo...that worked. But I also don't like ever using Ctrl + E so will try adding the "electric_always_available=1" to the .cfg. With my memory that's probably a better option.

Garry

Members who have read this thread: 1