Sainz will replace Vettel.....

Thread: Sainz will replace Vettel.....

Sainz will replace Vettel.....

Carlos Sainz will replace Sebastian Vettel in the Ferrari team, but where will Vettel go? Or are Sebastian's racing days over?

Cheers,
    Huub

I think he probably steps down, at least for now.

The rumors at present are that Sainz goes to Ferrari, then Ricciardo goes to McLaren to replace Sainz, so I don't know if Vettel would be willing to move to Renault, since he'd basically be "the best of the rest" there and probably not terribly competitive for a championship.

Of course the current economic situation could very likely end up with some small teams going bankrupt and/or manufacturers pulling their support to cut costs, so who knows what'll happen by the time the 2021 season is supposed to start.

Icon2

And, Ricciardo is off to McLaren....

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Or are Sebastian's racing days over?

Cheers,
    Huub
    Replaces Bottas....

Time to retire for Vettel, he's reached his use by date and he now has a child to look out for.
    DTM is not an option as it is as good as dead.
    IMHO he has neither the ability as a team player or the patience required for an endurance/prototype drive.
    Can't imagine that he'd get an interview with 'Team Hamilton' either.
    Good move for Daniel, he was wise to escape Renault after Cyril made the (stupid!) remark the he prefers 'French' wheel operatives.
    Carlos Jr. would certainly be an asset at Ferrari but I'd expect some serious head butting between their two young and aggressive drivers.
    Time to get a Real Life Sebastian, just move on out of the EffWun bubble
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    According to German sources, Vettel wants a seat at Mercedes or he will retire. This may seem impossible, but neither merc drivers have a deal for next season. Apparently Hamilton wants a huge raise and Mercedes isn't willing to pay. Also Toto Wolff doesn't get along with Mercedes' new boss and rumors have been that he might move to Aston Martin to run that team.

And as for Renault: Seems Fernando 'GP2 Engine!' Alonso will make a return to F1....
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

If so Ferry then Vettel really is stupid, an organisation that would accept that sort of demand (aka 'Blackmail') should be barred from competition.
    I'd also suggest that Hamilton needs to either shut right up and accept his already overinflated retainer or retire to allow one of the more deserving new talents on board.
    Wolff and Stroll running the so called Aston Martin rebranded Racing Point formerly known as Farce India could be problematic as well, even if their engine supply contract is unbreakable
    I doubt Mercedes Benz would supply them with current spec units if Wolff doesn't 'Get Along' with the new MB 'Fuehrer'.
    Alonso returning would add some much need humor to EffWun......

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Am I the only one who thinks its funny to see the guys which are "nearly over the hill" with all their demands, while on the other side there are currently more talented young drivers than seats in Formula One. Stupid is perhaps a too strong word, but they are definitely shortsighted..........

I thought the main reason of Toto Wolff's move was the fact that Mercedes gave the impression they wanted to withdraw from Formula One. In F-1 most things are driven by bucket loads of money. It will also be interesting how much of this money is still left after the Covid crisis really shows the results.....

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Interesting to note: rumors are that Ferrari is exploring getting into Indy cars.

More and more interest in a series where you don’t need to be a billionaire to be competitive. Lots of different style courses, competitive racing, race cars that look like race cars, and no inflated egos (and no hobbit).

then again, you don’t get to rub shoulders with the “beautiful” people.

FIAT attempted that one back in the late 1980's early 1990's under the Alfa Romeo banner, sadly it just failed.
    Almost as embarrassing as the Porsche effort that preceded FIAT by a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post

Good move for Daniel

Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing Ricciardo & McLaren!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    According to German sources, Vettel wants a seat at Mercedes or he will retire. This may seem impossible, but neither merc drivers have a deal for next season. Apparently Hamilton wants a huge raise and Mercedes isn't willing to pay. Also Toto Wolff doesn't get along with Mercedes' new boss and rumors have been that he might move to Aston Martin to run that team.

And as for Renault: Seems Fernando 'GP2 Engine!' Alonso will make a return to F1....
    Hmmm....
    Vettel to Mercedes...?
    Hamilton to Red Bull to replace Albon?

Early silly season Ed. Very early!

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Early silly season Ed. Very early!
    Normally this starts with the second half of the season, now the season has not even started.....

Its of course all triggered by the announcement that Ferrari will not continue with Vettel. Which got the F1 seat carrousel in motion. As there are no races to write about, all the gossip is thankfully embraced by the media.

Before this season without races is over we will have seen a lot of developments. Personally I expect the announcement of Mercedes AMG F1 team to leave the sport will become the final earthquake of this weird season.

FIAT/Ferrari will stay as they have threatened to leave at least one time too much already. In my opinion it is their common trick to get their way or get away with the things they do.

Cheers,
    Huub

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Interesting to note: rumors are that Ferrari is exploring getting into Indy cars.
    Something they said themselves, with the upcoming budget cap they will have time to spend on other projects and they are looking into the indycar and WEC series.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Hmmm....
    Vettel to Mercedes...?
    Hamilton to Red Bull to replace Albon?
    Not even 7.5 billion can of rat poison sold each year is enough to pay for both Verstappen and Hamilton...
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Members who have read this thread: 0