P3D_V5 Nigel's Avro Tutor Over Old Warden

Thread: Nigel's Avro Tutor Over Old Warden

Nigel's Avro Tutor Over Old Warden

Here are a selection of screenshots from a flight around ORBX's Old Warden airfield, home to the Shuttleworth Collection, flying Nigel Richards' freeware Avro Tutor in the same paint scheme worn by the Shuttleworth Collection's Tutor.

The Old Warden scenery is currently not available through ORBX Central when installing into P3Dv5, but I have ported over a copy of the scenery from my FSX installation. Making sure that ORBX Objectflow is activated within P3Dv5's addon menu is crucial in order for all of the airport objects to show (and that goes for most all of ORBX's sceneries). I also use ORBX's True Earth Great Britain scenery and I found I had to remove the "EGTH" buildings file within the TE Great Britian scenery files so that there wouldn't be doubled-up buildings showing through the Old Warden specific scenery.

Hope you enjoy the screenshots!

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

I wish they had this scenery included in central for v5. I have fond memories of Shuttleworth air shows. I did not wish to manually install it in v5 (I have it in v4.5) but after these screenshots I may try. I am missing this place a lot.

It does seem strange that they don't currently have it available for P3Dv5, since the FSX version I ported over has no issues at all from what I can tell. I really wish that ORBX would continue producing more airfields in detailed fashion for England.

For anyone interested, here is video from the cockpit of the real Shuttleworth Collection Avro Tutor operating at Old Warden: https://vimeo.com/398583484

Great shots, as always, John !

Isn't Nigel's Tutor a wonderful feast for the eyes. Been to the real Old Warden 5 times. Of all the air display shows i attended i have always found Old Warden and its Shuttleworth Collection the upmost appealing. I still have the oil stained jacket (from overflying aircraft, probabely radial engine...;-) that i wore during these trips as a souvenir.

I think i'll stick with v4.5 until FS2020 arrives. I couldn't care for a sim that wouldn't work with Nigel's Tutor and Orbx Old Warden ( my slightly aging system couldn't probabely run it satisfactory in the first place)

Great to see some Old Warden video's again. Thanks! Interesting to see the Tutor pilot never leaving the Tiger out of his sight.

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Great shots, as always, John !

Isn't Nigel's Tutor a wonderful feast for the eyes.

I think i'll stick with v4.5 until FS2020 arrives.

Cheers,
    Jan
    Jan... the more I think about it, the more I think I too will make my next move to FS2020 and stay with v4.5.

John... your posts are always just stunning. I have learned a lot about warbirds from them as well. Ta!

Hope you are both safe and well!

C

Thank you guys! Old Warden/The Shuttleworth Collection is high on my priority list to visit when I make it over to England some day (among the hundreds of other places I'd want to visit, having had a long ancestral history there prior to 1656). I would say that if you're happy with P3Dv4.5, stick with it - I was exceptionally happy with the original v5 release (amazing performance and no CTD's, with highest settings possible), but not so much since the Hotfix version.

Members who have read this thread: 0