CFS3 Multiplayer?

Thread: CFS3 Multiplayer?

CFS3 Multiplayer?

Hi,Found my copy of CFS3 and intend to download to my W10 PC. Will review installation guides and help on the forum.My question is:-Does anyone still support/host multiplayer games? I remember stumbling on a site that was called Squadron 617 or similar, had loads of mods, Wellington, Flying Fortress, etc. All with various decals. I used to love flying on bombing missions with players from around the world and remember one time flying with a french person from uk airbase intending to land near the Eiffel Tower. Unfortunately he landed and I lagged and crashed into the tower, Dooh!Hope someone can help point me in the right direction.Thanks.Jonah

I haven't done a MP session for 10 years or so, which I don't know what is going on now. I do see one big issue though; as IIRC, everyone should have the same install, and now I suspect nearly everyone's installs are modified. AFAIK all would have to have 'stock' versions of CFS3, ETO Expansion, etc.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Jonah, the multiplayer crowd hang out at www.sim-outhouse.net and they’ll be able to sort you out. It’s been a long time since I looked in there so couldn’t say how busy they are. There are also some wrinkles to getting CFS3 connecting under Windows 7, 8 or 10 as described in a sticky thread above, but I’m sure the guys will keep you right.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Hi Jonah,
    Multiplayer is still going as Mongoose and Hairyspin said, but missions (my favourite) using ETO 1.2 have died down. So its 95%
    Team dogfights with many A/C (Tempest II) added to a stock game. You can Private Message or me for any information needed.
    New players are always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm II View Post
    ...Team dogfights with many A/C (Tempest II) added to a stock game...
    (smiles proudly to himself) Glad you like her!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 0