Security

Thread: Security

Security

Can one of the moderators tell me why the site has the black padlock sign crossed out in red and the site says connection not secure?

To me this is very concerning.

Cheers Chris

It seems to be a case of 'what browser are you using' and nothing sinister AFAIK.
    I use Firefox and it certainly tells me when it thinks so, however, it seems to be endemic where sites are using the same software as SOH.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Nono, it's actually very simple: Firefox considers website that use http as not secure. It prefers https, with the s for secure.

Priller

HTTPS vs. HTTP

HTTPS stands for Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure.

The problem with the regular HTTP protocol is that the information that flows from server to browser is not encrypted, which means it can be easily stolen.

HTTPS protocols remedy this by using an SSL (secure sockets layer) certificate, which helps create a secure encrypted connection between the server and the browser, thereby protecting potentially sensitive information from being stolen as it is transferred between the server and the browser. For that reason, the vast majority of sites now use HTTPS.

Members who have read this thread: 0