SOON TrueEarth Washington for P3Dv4+
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: SOON TrueEarth Washington for P3Dv4+

  1. #1

    SOON TrueEarth Washington for P3Dv4+

    ORBX announces:
    "Introducing TrueEarth Washington for P3Dv4+"

    https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...ton-for-p3dv4/
    Don H

    Republic Of Gamers ASUS CrossHair VI Hero MB, AMD RYZEN 7 2700X 8core, 16thread, 3.7GHz Base, 4.3GHz Max, Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4 32GB, XLR8 Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 OC DirectX 12, Thermaltake M850W SMART Series PCU, Corsair H100i CC Watercooler, CoolMaster HAF922 case, Win10 Professional 64bit, Saitek Flight Equipment, Oculus RIFT VR, 50" 4K LG TV/Monitor

  2. #2
    I'm glad to see that product is finally reaching the P3D land.
    As an owner of that product for XPlane11, I'd like to make a few comments that might be useful for people who don't know the product yet but might own the OrbX PNW region instead. I owned the PNW region in P3D until now, and I could compare it with the TrueEarth rendition (in XPlane11, but that doesn't really change much).

    • The area coverage is very different. Pay attention to the first screenshot above. The area goes less north or south, but more east direction. PNW did cover a part of Oregon and Canada, but TrueEarth Washington is really limited to the Washington state.
    • This is a full photo scenery. There is no landclass at all, no generic textures for the ground. There is of course a very precise autogen on top It looks absolutely amazing, everywhere, even in the middle of nowhere. In PNW, you only had sporadic photoscenerie for very special places. Here you get that everywhere.
    • There are no seasonal textures if I'm not mistaken. So you won't get snowy lands in winter, no autumn colors, nothing like that.
    • Photoscenery with autogen does not really impact the FPS. As usual, it's mainly when you'll fly next to a dense city area or a big airport that your FPS will decrease. You may worry about ground blurries too, if flying too fast. This will of course depend on your hardware.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I'm glad to see that product is finally reaching the P3D land.
    As an owner of that product for XPlane11, I'd like to make a few comments that might be useful for people who don't know the product yet but might own the OrbX PNW region instead. I owned the PNW region in P3D until now, and I could compare it with the TrueEarth rendition (in XPlane11, but that doesn't really change much).

    • The area coverage is very different. Pay attention to the first screenshot above. The area goes less north or south, but more east direction. PNW did cover a part of Oregon and Canada, but TrueEarth Washington is really limited to the Washington state.
    • This is a full photo scenery. There is no landclass at all, no generic textures for the ground. There is of course a very precise autogen on top It looks absolutely amazing, everywhere, even in the middle of nowhere. In PNW, you only had sporadic photoscenerie for very special places. Here you get that everywhere.
    • There are no seasonal textures if I'm not mistaken. So you won't get snowy lands in winter, no autumn colors, nothing like that.
    • Photoscenery with autogen does not really impact the FPS. As usual, it's mainly when you'll fly next to a dense city area or a big airport that your FPS will decrease. You may worry about ground blurries too, if flying too fast. This will of course depend on your hardware.
    This is the update I'm looking for. I have the MegaScenery series, covering the entire USA. I love it, except for the lack of autogen. I can't wait for the Californias (North & South) to be done in TrueEarth, as I grew up there, and know most of the state well.
    Don H

    Republic Of Gamers ASUS CrossHair VI Hero MB, AMD RYZEN 7 2700X 8core, 16thread, 3.7GHz Base, 4.3GHz Max, Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4 32GB, XLR8 Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 OC DirectX 12, Thermaltake M850W SMART Series PCU, Corsair H100i CC Watercooler, CoolMaster HAF922 case, Win10 Professional 64bit, Saitek Flight Equipment, Oculus RIFT VR, 50" 4K LG TV/Monitor

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    ORBX announces:
    "Introducing TrueEarth Washington for P3Dv4+"

    https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...ton-for-p3dv4/

    How are the FPS in this True Earth product? I am still bruised from the TE England experience. (which I turned off because it turned my late model PC with a GTX 2080 vid card into a frigin slide show).

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    How are the FPS in this True Earth product? I am still bruised from the TE England experience. (which I turned off because it turned my late model PC with a GTX 2080 vid card into a frigin slide show).
    You have problems with TEGB with an RTX2080? DAMN!!

    Priller

  6. #6
    SOH-CM-2018 jmig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Age
    72
    Posts
    5,185
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    This is the update I'm looking for. I have the MegaScenery series, covering the entire USA. I love it, except for the lack of autogen. I can't wait for the Californias (North & South) to be done in TrueEarth, as I grew up there, and know most of the state well.
    Don, I use MegaScenery a lot, too. I purchased a product called Landscapes USA. It is about $5.00 a state on PC Aviator. LandscapesUSA adds autogen trees and buildings to photoscenery. While it is not TrueEarth quality, it does give you autogen buildings and trees near airports, which is where you want them.
    John

    ***************************
    My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II


    Intel Six Core i7 8700 @ 5.0 GHz
    16 GB DDR4 RAM
    2 Intel SSD 500 GB SATA 3 Drives and 1 950 GB SSD for PD3 V4
    GTX 2070 Super 8GB VRAM, GTX 970 4 GB VRAM Video Cards
    IR Track 5
    Currently using single Optoma 1040P beamer and two touch screen monitors for instruments.

  7. #7
    SOH-CM-2018 jmig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Age
    72
    Posts
    5,185
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    How are the FPS in this True Earth product? I am still bruised from the TE England experience. (which I turned off because it turned my late model PC with a GTX 2080 vid card into a frigin slide show).
    I just purchased TrueEarth England this weekend. I love it. My new 1070 Super card has no issues with it. I have the FPS set at 35 and saw no discernible issues.
    John

    ***************************
    My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II


    Intel Six Core i7 8700 @ 5.0 GHz
    16 GB DDR4 RAM
    2 Intel SSD 500 GB SATA 3 Drives and 1 950 GB SSD for PD3 V4
    GTX 2070 Super 8GB VRAM, GTX 970 4 GB VRAM Video Cards
    IR Track 5
    Currently using single Optoma 1040P beamer and two touch screen monitors for instruments.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    How are the FPS in this True Earth product? I am still bruised from the TE England experience. (which I turned off because it turned my late model PC with a GTX 2080 vid card into a frigin slide show).
    No problems with all three of the 'TE England' packages at high settings, I'm getting a comfortable 50+ FPS and plan on dialing in more extreme settings just to see what happens.
    But that is with an i9 9960X, a pair of Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Turbo's in SLI plus 128GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX PC4-30400 RAM.
    We don't take prisoners.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

  9. #9
    Holy moly Wombat, you must have more invested in your sim rig than I do in a real airplane! Wow, just wow!
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 16GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Win7Ult 64 bit, P3Dv4.5 HF2

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Don, I use MegaScenery a lot, too. I purchased a product called Landscapes USA. It is about $5.00 a state on PC Aviator. LandscapesUSA adds autogen trees and buildings to photoscenery. While it is not TrueEarth quality, it does give you autogen buildings and trees near airports, which is where you want them.
    John, I have all the Nuevecta Landscapes packages for the continental US. (Same with the Megasceneries, all V3) Not impressed with them. A lot of trees on runways, buildings placed just "where-ever" to give the landscapes some texture. The developer stopped supporting them soon after release because he was getting so many complaints in the forums. Also, he would only release the fixes to those who specifically "asked" for a specific fix.
    Don H

    Republic Of Gamers ASUS CrossHair VI Hero MB, AMD RYZEN 7 2700X 8core, 16thread, 3.7GHz Base, 4.3GHz Max, Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4 32GB, XLR8 Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 OC DirectX 12, Thermaltake M850W SMART Series PCU, Corsair H100i CC Watercooler, CoolMaster HAF922 case, Win10 Professional 64bit, Saitek Flight Equipment, Oculus RIFT VR, 50" 4K LG TV/Monitor

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderstreak View Post
    Holy moly Wombat, you must have more invested in your sim rig than I do in a real airplane! Wow, just wow!
    As her indoors often remarks...'Wretched excess'.
    My reply is usually 'Life is short'.
    Her indoors follow up.......'You should remember that pearl of wisdom'.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

  12. #12
    SOH-CM-2018 jmig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Age
    72
    Posts
    5,185
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    John, I have all the Nuevecta Landscapes packages for the continental US. (Same with the Megasceneries, all V3) Not impressed with them. A lot of trees on runways, buildings placed just "where-ever" to give the landscapes some texture. The developer stopped supporting them soon after release because he was getting so many complaints in the forums. Also, he would only release the fixes to those who specifically "asked" for a specific fix.
    Don, You might consider trying the Landscape package for your home state. If it sucks, you have only lost $5.00.
    John

    ***************************
    My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II


    Intel Six Core i7 8700 @ 5.0 GHz
    16 GB DDR4 RAM
    2 Intel SSD 500 GB SATA 3 Drives and 1 950 GB SSD for PD3 V4
    GTX 2070 Super 8GB VRAM, GTX 970 4 GB VRAM Video Cards
    IR Track 5
    Currently using single Optoma 1040P beamer and two touch screen monitors for instruments.

Members who have read this thread: 103

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •