Thread: SOON TrueEarth Washington for P3Dv4+

SOON TrueEarth Washington for P3Dv4+

ORBX announces:
    "Introducing TrueEarth Washington for P3Dv4+"

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...ton-for-p3dv4/
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I'm glad to see that product is finally reaching the P3D land.
    As an owner of that product for XPlane11, I'd like to make a few comments that might be useful for people who don't know the product yet but might own the OrbX PNW region instead. I owned the PNW region in P3D until now, and I could compare it with the TrueEarth rendition (in XPlane11, but that doesn't really change much).

• The area coverage is very different. Pay attention to the first screenshot above. The area goes less north or south, but more east direction. PNW did cover a part of Oregon and Canada, but TrueEarth Washington is really limited to the Washington state.
    • This is a full photo scenery. There is no landclass at all, no generic textures for the ground. There is of course a very precise autogen on top It looks absolutely amazing, everywhere, even in the middle of nowhere. In PNW, you only had sporadic photoscenerie for very special places. Here you get that everywhere.
    • There are no seasonal textures if I'm not mistaken. So you won't get snowy lands in winter, no autumn colors, nothing like that.
    • Photoscenery with autogen does not really impact the FPS. As usual, it's mainly when you'll fly next to a dense city area or a big airport that your FPS will decrease. You may worry about ground blurries too, if flying too fast. This will of course depend on your hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I'm glad to see that product is finally reaching the P3D land.
    As an owner of that product for XPlane11, I'd like to make a few comments that might be useful for people who don't know the product yet but might own the OrbX PNW region instead. I owned the PNW region in P3D until now, and I could compare it with the TrueEarth rendition (in XPlane11, but that doesn't really change much).

• The area coverage is very different. Pay attention to the first screenshot above. The area goes less north or south, but more east direction. PNW did cover a part of Oregon and Canada, but TrueEarth Washington is really limited to the Washington state.
    • This is a full photo scenery. There is no landclass at all, no generic textures for the ground. There is of course a very precise autogen on top It looks absolutely amazing, everywhere, even in the middle of nowhere. In PNW, you only had sporadic photoscenerie for very special places. Here you get that everywhere.
    • There are no seasonal textures if I'm not mistaken. So you won't get snowy lands in winter, no autumn colors, nothing like that.
    • Photoscenery with autogen does not really impact the FPS. As usual, it's mainly when you'll fly next to a dense city area or a big airport that your FPS will decrease. You may worry about ground blurries too, if flying too fast. This will of course depend on your hardware.
    This is the update I'm looking for. I have the MegaScenery series, covering the entire USA. I love it, except for the lack of autogen. I can't wait for the Californias (North & South) to be done in TrueEarth, as I grew up there, and know most of the state well.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    ORBX announces:
    "Introducing TrueEarth Washington for P3Dv4+"

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...ton-for-p3dv4/

How are the FPS in this True Earth product? I am still bruised from the TE England experience. (which I turned off because it turned my late model PC with a GTX 2080 vid card into a frigin slide show).

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    How are the FPS in this True Earth product? I am still bruised from the TE England experience. (which I turned off because it turned my late model PC with a GTX 2080 vid card into a frigin slide show).
    You have problems with TEGB with an RTX2080? DAMN!!

Priller

Blog Entries
    This is the update I'm looking for. I have the MegaScenery series, covering the entire USA. I love it, except for the lack of autogen. I can't wait for the Californias (North & South) to be done in TrueEarth, as I grew up there, and know most of the state well.
    Don, I use MegaScenery a lot, too. I purchased a product called Landscapes USA. It is about $5.00 a state on PC Aviator. LandscapesUSA adds autogen trees and buildings to photoscenery. While it is not TrueEarth quality, it does give you autogen buildings and trees near airports, which is where you want them.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Blog Entries
    I just purchased TrueEarth England this weekend. I love it. My new 1070 Super card has no issues with it. I have the FPS set at 35 and saw no discernible issues.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

No problems with all three of the 'TE England' packages at high settings, I'm getting a comfortable 50+ FPS and plan on dialing in more extreme settings just to see what happens.
    But that is with an i9 9960X, a pair of Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Turbo's in SLI plus 128GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX PC4-30400 RAM.
    We don't take prisoners.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Holy moly Wombat, you must have more invested in your sim rig than I do in a real airplane! Wow, just wow!
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Don, I use MegaScenery a lot, too. I purchased a product called Landscapes USA. It is about $5.00 a state on PC Aviator. LandscapesUSA adds autogen trees and buildings to photoscenery. While it is not TrueEarth quality, it does give you autogen buildings and trees near airports, which is where you want them.
    John, I have all the Nuevecta Landscapes packages for the continental US. (Same with the Megasceneries, all V3) Not impressed with them. A lot of trees on runways, buildings placed just "where-ever" to give the landscapes some texture. The developer stopped supporting them soon after release because he was getting so many complaints in the forums. Also, he would only release the fixes to those who specifically "asked" for a specific fix.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstreak View Post
    Holy moly Wombat, you must have more invested in your sim rig than I do in a real airplane! Wow, just wow!
    As her indoors often remarks...'Wretched excess'.
    My reply is usually 'Life is short'.
    Her indoors follow up.......'You should remember that pearl of wisdom'.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Blog Entries
    John, I have all the Nuevecta Landscapes packages for the continental US. (Same with the Megasceneries, all V3) Not impressed with them. A lot of trees on runways, buildings placed just "where-ever" to give the landscapes some texture. The developer stopped supporting them soon after release because he was getting so many complaints in the forums. Also, he would only release the fixes to those who specifically "asked" for a specific fix.
    Don, You might consider trying the Landscape package for your home state. If it sucks, you have only lost $5.00.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Members who have read this thread: 0