Imperial Japanese Secret Weapon!

Thread: Imperial Japanese Secret Weapon!

Imperial Japanese Secret Weapon!

So I am finally working my way through the stock campaign, and in the very first misson I found the secret weapon that could have won Japan the war! They have ships that can sail on land! I caught a maru heading inland trying to make a break for it in the jungle, but my six 50's made short work of 'er.

Yes, they can even sail through each other! Use Pen32Win's alternate dp's (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=17&id=11461 ) to replace the stock ships dps and the buggers will stay on course (unless in MB they are set on their action at waypoints to "turn" rather than to :do not evade.") There is a glitch in CFS2 that forces ships without AA guns will turn north at full speed when "attacked." Pen32 Win;s mods place a few small caliber guns on all the merchant and other ships.

The other cause is that when set to "turn" all ships, combatants and non-combatants, will start to evade, randomly, in any direction once you come into range. This causes the "secret weapon" to be employed in close waters - not a problem in the open ocean. I avoid this in my missions by using "do not evade" and having the ships zig-zag, in TF formation. They turn every 0.5 miles or so - a pain to plot for large convoys.
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; May 14th, 2020 at 03:57.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 0