Grumman S2F-3AT (S-2T) WIP

Thread: Grumman S2F-3AT (S-2T) WIP

Grumman S2F-3AT (S-2T) WIP

Well, I thought I would let the cat out of the bag to see what the interest is in this project. I am building a Grumman S-2T Turbo Tracker flown by Cal Fire as an aerial firefighting airtanker. This will be geared towards P3Dv4.5 taking advantage of PBR and HD textures. This is my first real project built from the ground up by myself (C-123 stalled out in the vc as I didnt understand coding, I may revisit after this project.) I'm currently working on the vc while trying to wrap my head around the whole coding language No direct time table is set for release but I don't think it will be ready for the 2020 fire season I'll try to keep this thread updated with the progress if there is interest, but for now here are some screenshots.

Hi!

That is a nice looking example of an S-2T!! Please carry on!! It's already looking wonderful!
    Would you - at some time - consider a navy variant as well?

Best regards,

Seawing

I never thought anyone would be able to get me out of Milton's, but that's looking awesome. Thanks for sharing. BTW, have you checked with the guys at FS Developer about the coding? There's a great bunch of guys over there.

That looks fantastic! As Sundog has mentioned, FS Developer is a great forum to have questions answered about coding.

Thanks guys. Oh yes Ive spent many hours there going through old threads and asking questions there. I wouldnt have made it far at all without help on there.

Looks great! Can I ask what the coloured objects are on top of the wing are?

Of course Mike those are the hinges for the wing fold mechanisms

Beautiful work Tankerguy72!!!
    Very nice rendition of my favourite twin turboprop...
    Cheers,

Stéph.

My jaw hits the ground! What a real looking aircraft. I never would have guessed, but this variant looks so much better than the carrier ones. Fantastic work, mate!
    Best regards, Manfred.

It's looking quite good Tankerguy! Glad they upengined them to turboprops. These brave pilots need all the help they can get.

I built my own Fox Field airport and added a facsimile of the Tanker base on the East end. This would be great to operate from there.

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Of course Mike those are the hinges for the wing fold mechanisms
    Thanks! Learn something new every day.

Stunning, if one was to say if there was any revamp that tops the cake visually, this would be it hands down

Looks great! Good luck, looking forward to seeing your progress on this one!
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Very nice! I flew down to Hemet Ryan this past weekend and saw them there. So good to see them flying still.

I've been drooling over this thing for months while he's been working on it. It's amazing!

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

A little update on the S2. Alot of work still going on inside the vc. Cramming in details and some alot of custom codes.

Man, you've really upped your modeling game. That is looking great!

Maybe Mike at FR will let you make an updated fire bomber of the Privateer from his B-24? :::runs away fast, that-a-way ====> :::

Ken

Thanks Ken I really appreciate that. Ive put alot of work into it.

I was actually trying to persuade Mike into making a tanker version of the 4Y. I have an exterior model of a 4Y tanker pretty far along but I know his will be released well before mine ever would.

Wow that looks amazing, I am very much looking forward to this one.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Wow looking awesome 😁😁

We have an S2F just down the road from us I found out the other day so hoping I can take some references photos at someone and have a crack at updating Milton's Stoof VC

Holy cow! That’s a fine looking S2T!
    I seldom visit the P3D forum, but I fell like I was missing a lot of lovely addons.
    I can give a little help with XML coding for the retardant system, especially if you wish it to interface with FireFighterX (I have just finished doing the same with Milton Shupe’s French TurboFirecat).
    Keep us updated about how the project is coming along!

I've been in contact with tankerguy72 quite a bit outside SOH. I'm not sure if he's continuing it's development for P3D4+ though. Hopefully he can specifically update that when he's got the time to come back here. He's shifted focus on to FS2020. He's showed me the prototype in FS2020 and it's even more fantastic.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Thanks for the tip Scorch00.
    Too bad for me, but I guess the FS2020 simmers will be happy! Lucky bastards

Members who have read this thread: 0