FR Super Cub for v5

Thread: FR Super Cub for v5

FR Super Cub for v5

Taking a break from the heavy lifters, this Super Cub (actually a former military L-21) work-in-progress is getting there, to take advantage of all the enhancements offered by P3Dv5. This package will be for this particular aircraft alone, and is not connected to the entire former Super Cubs package. The L-21 was picked primarily for it's superior outwards visibility thanks to the military-style windows, and personifying a modern VFR upgrade. There are many new parts throughout, completely new external-view cockpit, new textures in 4k (including specs and alphas), revised airfiles, and now you can start the engine to let it warm up by simply reaching in through the door before you get in (but make sure the throttle is full back - no parking brakes!). Or, you can now hand prop it, if you like.

After your flight, you can tie it down and put it to bed.

This will be an inexpensive stand-alone package. It will not be offered for FSX or P3Dv4.5, as the FSX Super Cub packages work already work the earlier sims just fine. The new Super Cub will very likely will work in those sims (but hasn't been tested yet) if your computer can handle it.

(This wasn't supposed to the Flight Replicas next release (more news soon!), but wanted to do something that takes advantage of the new features and atmospherics we can now enjoy in v5.)

Scenery is ORBX Pacific Northwest and Squamish airport.

Fantastic, Mike! The perfect aircraft for the backwoods airports and riverbanks.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Nice to see it again!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Fantastic, Mike!
    I have been flying the Super Cub & Super Cub Ultra since it came out (FSX). I'm now flying it in V5!

Quote Originally Posted by sidler View Post
    Fantastic, Mike!
    I have been flying the Super Cub & Super Cub Ultra since it came out (FSX). I'm now flying it in V5!
    I've tried not to change anything with the basic exterior skin layout, and so old repaints should work just fine (but the new alpha will be needed. There is only one fuselage type, however, with the extended rear windows). The spec and it's alpha should be universal. There will be a new paint kit, too.

very nice, looking forward to it!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

That's my favorite version!

Really looking forward to it!

Just flew it today. Amazing short field performance. I landed at CMA on the overun and was stopped by the numbers. Wow!
    I can see why it's such a popular bush plane.

I read the manual and saw the warning about the pitch changes with flaps. Ignore it at your peril.
    Do most pilots fly it off with the stick back or let it roll on the main gear to build speed before rotating?

Members who have read this thread: 0