Simworks Studios Phantom and Coral Sea Issues . . . - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simworks Studios Phantom and Coral Sea Issues . . .

I'm trying to replicate some of the issues on this thread, as far as I can tell everything works on my end using just the SWS Fleet spawn in v4.5HF2. Took Dino's Scooter out and trapped, taxi to the cat and did notice the "squat" when hooked up...launch, repeat. As Sir_Ripper mentioned, only using SWS Fleet for 41/43 and SWS Nimitz boats. For the SBD CVN-65 and HG fleet, I used VRS Tacpack to spawn.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    I'm trying to replicate some of the issues on this thread, as far as I can tell everything works on my end using just the SWS Fleet spawn in v4.5HF2. Took Dino's Scooter out and trapped, taxi to the cat and did notice the "squat" when hooked up...launch, repeat. As Sir_Ripper mentioned, only using SWS Fleet for 41/43 and SWS Nimitz boats. For the SBD CVN-65 and HG fleet, I used VRS Tacpack to spawn.
    Thanks V,

Yeah, so that's what I have too. SWS F-4s work fine on the 41/43 except for the sinking. Other aircraft, if listed on the CEX tool, trap and launch too. A real shame that those planes with bridles (other than the SWS Phantoms) will never be able to display them. Will this be a permanent condition?

I mean sure it's cool to have "real" cables visible with the SWS boats, but it's a bizarre tradeoff to have functionality to display wires (that one hardly sees - after landing, I'm folding wings, selecting tailhook up, sorting out my lights, etc.) at the cost of losing the much longer, potentially screenshot-worthy visualization of bridles on launch. But that's just me, I guess.

I'm pleased the RFN F-8 can work, Alex's reference to a temp fix makes me wonder if that's why I'm not quite dialed in with the CEX settings. I really hope they can fix the "orientation" thing - it's weird that the F-8 sits with it's butt in the air on invisible "jacks" when the cat is engaged. I guess I can't complain in that it at least hooks up and traps.

Just noticed an SWS F-4 upate hit my email. Not sure what this addresses, maybe the sinking. Will report back.

dl

Regarding the bridles, these have to be implemented by the aircraft dev. It is a simple change, but up to them.

For creating parking spots, this is done through SWS Fleets. Please refer to the Nimitz or Midway manual on our page.

The sinking is a carrier tech problem. We have fixed it in beta. The F-4 update addresses an unnoticed bug with the pilots.

On a slightly related rant, please all, report such issues through our ticketing system.

While goodwill is definitely abundant here and on other fora and you aren't used to such systems, proposed solutions are often speculative and will break something else without realizing it. The consequence is us running for support on multiple pages, often addressing the same problems many times to salvage our image, while the time could be used to fix the problem.

This is the reason we removed the forum and created a list of known issues and remedies. We only provide support through there, to ensure problems are documented and handled by those in the brig... ummm... know!

Please try to report on our support page.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Will do, I remember the drag chute report and while doing some boat work this week noticed from the VC the wings not showing folded (habit with all my carrier planes to look over the shoulder and make sure wings are positioned correctly). Just got the PBR update.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Sorry to dig up an old thread. I finally installed the Coral Sea and Midway Fleets and result is exactly the same as with Phantom. Installation overwrites the dll and wipes everything else previously installed rendering the FSX unusable. This I could already anticipate after F-4B. By manually adding shipplacer and fleet dll´s sim recognizes these dll´s but leads to crashing FSX upon exit, so these lines cannot be there.

My question is for you who have used Aicarriers2 and these ships, could you share those Aicarriers cfg´s here n order to get some functionality out of these now useless ships. As I can use the F-4B for flying and landing to other carriers.

What are my options with this product without the dll?

Sorry to resurrect this old - and due to me somewhat tiresome thread - however I just bought the SWS Midway fleet and still cannot get any cats working including after a reinstall of the latest version of the PBR F-4.

Very frustrated. Thought Alex was testing a patch that fixed this.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 1