A1R Jak-12A

Thread: A1R Jak-12A

A1R Jak-12A

I dont see any topic about this bird released in the end of 2019.
    I use it from 2-3 weeks (model is dedicated for P3Dv4 but it works without issue in P3Dv5) and I can say it's a nice plane. Clean done like fresh factory but its ok. Nice FM (just two issues), VC is OK, maybe not perfect but quite nice. Nice sound also.
    I write about this model of Yak-12A of A1R https://secure.simmarket.com/a1r-des...12a-p3d4.phtml . About issues - engine is underpowered and flaps operation is poorly modeled (FM with flaps open). For engine helped me Wells from our Forum. You can edit aircraft.cfg change power_scalar = 1.38 (default 1.0). It will be ok from now (at least the propeller torque at startup will increase a bit abnormal). If you like flying working horse (from Russia and east Europe) this model will ok for you.

But this very clean version annoyed me a bit so I decided to do something more from me.
    The choice was for me Jak-12A SP-KLA with his story (so it's a tribute also). This plane was used in 1983 by pilot Leszek Piłat who escaped during period of "Iron curtain" from Poland (airfield Świdnik) to Berlin (Tempelhof) with 3 passengers and one child.
    https://www.mil-airfields.de/de/berl...al-airport.htm (scroll down). I had problem to define colours so I decided to use coloring tools, here final effect:

Yes it was yellow and red, I found after this few more pictures with different registration but with the same pattern which gave me confidence in these colors.
    I also found a movie about this escape in the cold war period https://vod.tvp.pl/website/lot-do-wolnosci,45156539 (sorry in Polish).
    This flight was very dangerous, soldiers had permission to shoot this plane for any cost, ​he flew mainly at 30 meters in height, below radar detection.
    Now, Leszek Piłat live in USA from many years (after reaching Germany, he emigrated to the United States).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SP-KLA skin preview (weathering for sure of working horse). This is a big modification compared to default skins.
    New external textures, in the final version I will do set for interior also.

Screenshots was done in P3Dv5. Final version soon.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Excellent work on the textures! The VC needs some weathered textured love as well...…...
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

I purchased this and liked it very much apart from finding it difficult to turn while airborne. It was better after a mod or two to the airfile.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    I purchased this and liked it very much apart from finding it difficult to turn while airborne. It was better after a mod or two to the airfile.
    I've had the same issue with it! What changes did you make? And how do you read an air file? I've done .cfg editing but never touched an air file

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    For this use a rudder together (more than normal for Cessna for example), the first contact may seem difficult, but you can get used to it. The rudder has better impact here than ailerons. They work very well together.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    For this use a rudder together (more than normal for Cessna for example), the first contact may seem difficult, but you can get used to it. The rudder has better impact here than ailerons. They work very well together.
    For me with this it's not using the rudder that's the issue, I'm well-used to that in real life as well as the sim. It's as though there's something odd with the roll stability or dihedral. You roll into a turn and as soon as you release the ailerons it rolls back to neutral, overshoots and then wallows around all over the place. Can't imagine the real thing behaves like that. Never experienced anything like that in anything I've flown in the real world, or the sim. Tried the same thing in the Alabeo C170 and when you put the ailerons neutral in a turn it sits there at the same bank angle, or rolls wings level very very slowly.

EDIT:Changing the roll stability to "10" in the .cfg file then bumping the aileron effectiveness to compensate seems to have fixed it
    Last edited by hangarrat101; May 10th, 2020 at 05:59. Reason: Add update

Quote Originally Posted by hangarrat101 View Post
    For me with this it's not using the rudder that's the issue, I'm well-used to that in real life as well as the sim. It's as though there's something odd with the roll stability or dihedral. You roll into a turn and as soon as you release the ailerons it rolls back to neutral, overshoots and then wallows around all over the place. Can't imagine the real thing behaves like that. Never experienced anything like that in anything I've flown in the real world, or the sim. Tried the same thing in the Alabeo C170 and when you put the ailerons neutral in a turn it sits there at the same bank angle, or rolls wings level very very slowly.

EDIT:Changing the roll stability to "10" in the .cfg file then bumping the aileron effectiveness to compensate seems to have fixed it
    Another thing you may try is to reduce yaw stability. You may have to go negative to make it acceptable. That's the root cause, over dampened and carrying too much sideslip in the turn.

The problem with A1R is that I sent questions and mail with noticed issues by me (not only FM but no sound file of few switches also), it was 3 weeks ago and no any reply till now.
    His support is only on the paper ; ).

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    The problem with A1R is that I sent questions and mail with noticed issues by me (not only FM but no sound file of few switches also), it was 3 weeks ago and no any reply till now.
    His support is only on the paper ; ).
    Any ideas about how to tweak the fuel burn? Using the fuel flow scalar I can either get the fuel burn bang on at full throttle, in which case it uses 20 litres/hour too much for cruise, or I can get it bang on at cruise, in which case it uses about 30 litres/hour too little flat out.

Any ideas about how to tweak the fuel burn? Using the fuel flow scalar I can either get the fuel burn bang on at full throttle, in which case it uses 20 litres/hour too much for cruise, or I can get it bang on at cruise, in which case it uses about 30 litres/hour too little flat out.
    No, (or not yet), I didnt touch it yet.

Ok, new preview. Now interior. Totally reworked. I hope you like it .

If it has manual mixture control, you should be able to lean it out in cruise, to reduce the fuel burn. Nice work YoYo!

The repaint is ready for download:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...12A-SP-KLA-zip

Thanks YoYo! Really enjoying this one.

Members who have read this thread: 2