S J Spitfire IIA

Thread: S J Spitfire IIA

S J Spitfire IIA

I have download from the Warbirds Library the S J Spitfire pack.

What a superb aircraft. Brilliant sounds (In fact put the sounds to all my other Spitfires) great graphics and flight model.

Only problem I have is with the Real Systems Module.

The sim runs but there are no gauges in the aircraft where there were flying normally. Also nothing is clickable. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks

You have Ankor's Shaders installed?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Can you explain what you mean by no gauges? Never heard of a problem like that. Also, make sure you have the most recent 2019 version of the shaders installed.

When I say no gauges I mean that the dial is there with indicator hand but minus numerals.

The shaders may be the problem.

I will try to get those installed and see what happens then.

I'm still not tracking with you, could you post a screenshot?

Sounds like a missing texture.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

This is a beautiful bird, but I have no guns! I've tried the ALT+A for the safety...no good. Same on the SJ FW-190, no guns?

Did you install all the files? This has come up a couple times, and think it was down to not installing all the required files.

Per the readme, there are edits needed to the effects and sounds files - quite long strings of text which have to be cut and pasted into each, using Notepad or similar. Without this, the guns can be firing away quite happily, but invisibly and inaudibly. Suggest checking these edits were made and are in place in those files.

Good hunting!

Found some things in the wrong places, tried to fix the FW190 and CFS3 crashes. I deleted it....will work on the Spit some point soon

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingskull5000 View Post
    This is a beautiful bird, but I have no guns! I've tried the ALT+A for the safety...no good. Same on the SJ FW-190, no guns?
    I thought I had no guns on the Spit, but it turned out they do not use tracer and I couldn't hear the guns over the roar of the Merlin engine, when I fired looking out to the side I saw the muzzle flashes.

Went on to shoot down an ME 109E so I know they work!

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I thought I had no guns on the Spit, but it turned out they do not use tracer and I couldn't hear the guns over the roar of the Merlin engine, when I fired looking out to the side I saw the muzzle flashes.

Went on to shoot down an ME 109E so I know they work!
    Hi Oliver, check your guns while sitting on the runway, without the engine running. If you cannot hear the guns, check you have correctly installed the mods to the sounds.xml.

HTH,

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Hi Oliver, check your guns while sitting on the runway, without the engine running. If you cannot hear the guns, check you have correctly installed the mods to the sounds.xml.

HTH,
    Yeah, somethings in the wrong place, no muzzle flashes here!

Perhaps the lines for the effects.xml? Make sure the final “effects” tag line is still at the bottom of your effects.xml. If you added the new lines below it, they won’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post

HTH,
    I will try that, thanks.

However if I sit on the runway at Biggin Hill and let my guns off I have a feeling that the Chiefy and the Station Warrant Officer may have something to say about that, as may the local Constabulary as most of my rounds will be heading towards civilian property!

At my Court martial my defense shall be built around "Daiwilletti told me to do it"

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I will try that, thanks.

However if I sit on the runway at Biggin Hill and let my guns off I have a feeling that the Chiefy and the Station Warrant Officer may have something to say about that, as may the local Constabulary as most of my rounds will be heading towards civilian property!

At my Court martial my defense shall be built around "Daiwilletti told me to do it"
    Taxi round to the firing butts, job done !

Ttfn

Pete

SOH-CM-2020
    Good sirs, I appreciate the difficulties, however we ARE on a war footing . ..

Or, you could just go 'Takatakataka...'. If it's good enough for Robert Shaw aka S/Ldr Skipper, it's good enough for me

Members who have read this thread: 0