May 3-8 1942

Thread: May 3-8 1942

May 3-8 1942

The Battle of the Coral Sea,

USS Yorktown attacked the Japanese landing forces at Tulagi on May 4 and later sailed to join USS Lexington.

May 7 planes from both US Carriers attack and sink the IJN Shoho.

May 8 US planes attack IJN Shokaku and damage her.

Japanese planes from Shokaku and Zuikaku attack Yorktown and Lexington damaging both,Lexington later has internal explosions from fuel fumes spreading through the ship,later during all battles CO2 was put in the fuel lines.

This was the first battle with no ship to ship contact and the first time since Pearl Harbor the Japanese were stopped.

Because of the Damage to Shokaku and the loss of aircrews to both Shokaku and Zuikaku they could not be at Midway.

Yorktown was repaired enough to be at Midway.

TheBookie3

Every time some one brings up the Battle of the Coral Sea or Battle for Midway my mind goes back to the Abacus Battle for Midway for CFS1. It seemed kinda of half baked but it some how worked and worked better than CFS2 IMO.

Wish I still had the Abacus Battle for Midway CD still. Some how lost it around 2007 when I moved.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Every time some one brings up the Battle of the Coral Sea or Battle for Midway my mind goes back to the Abacus Battle for Midway for CFS1. It seemed kinda of half baked but it some how worked and worked better than CFS2 IMO.

Wish I still had the Abacus Battle for Midway CD still. Some how lost it around 2007 when I moved.
    I still have them around but haven't played them in years,

TheBookie

Members who have read this thread: 1