Different aircraft in player's flight
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Different aircraft in player's flight

Different aircraft in player's flight

I am sure we have been here before but I really do need 2 kinds of aircraft in the player's flight so that the wing-men can attack which the player can't; or of course visa versa would work as well. Now interestingly, after I made a mission in mb with all the same ac, I went in and changed them in the xml. CFS3 didn't like that much as CTD's until I deleted the uisel file in the appdata folder and started again. Then I did get into the mission but, lo and behold, all the ac were the same as the players but the missions xml still showed 2 kinds of ac!

Anyone know of a work around for this? There really were squadrons with different aircraft, each of which had different roles; as in this Turbinlite squadron I am testing out.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi James,

To the best of my knowledge the player flight will only support a single aircraft type.

A.I. flights can have multiple aircraft types assigned to the one flight. I did this for missions with Richtofens circus in OFF.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

So can the player tell AI flights to attack? (I think not) Could I have AI aircraft in a player's flight but cheat by renaming another kind of aircraft as the payer's AI ac?

SOH-CM-2020
    Can you trying using the same aircraft but different loadouts?

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Can you trying using the same aircraft but different loadouts?
    Well the player is a Havoc turbinlite and the others are Hurricanes!

This is possible, unfortunately the only way it will work is by loading CFS3 directly to the desired mission. See Frosty's post (#34) in the knowledge base thread for how to do it: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...dge-base/page2

Thanks Dan, I'll give that a go.

So I tried this in 2 installs with 2 differnt missions; one with the same aircraft in the player's flight, ( in fact only the player!), but the missions failed to load in all cases.

Has anyone successfully tried this?

[space]-m[mission_type_folder/your_mission.xml]
    Loads the given mission on start-up.
    Eg. Typing [space]-mhistorical/falaise.xml loads this particular mission from your CFS3 mission folder.
    I had
    "C:\CFS3 TOW Era I\cfs3.exe" -mtraining/Havoc Turbinlite Test.xml

and just in case

"C:\CFS3 TOW Era I\cfs3.exe" -mtraining/Havoc_Turbinlite_Test.xml

or

"C:\Combat Flight Sim TOW\cfs3.exe" -mhistorical/Blenheim NF 22 23 July 1940 spawn.xml which had only the player ac and spawn files.

I've used it successfully, and what you have looks correct, not sure why it isn't working for you.

Blog Entries
    You have both / and \ in those paths James, should be just \ I think.
    Do I get a prize? 😁
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

You might have a point there Clive. I was just following the knowledge base post instructions but might try all "\" If that works you can have one on me! Maybe the next time I'm in the UK, I won't get totally wasted by my nieces in Dartmouth, so I can have one with your personally in N A or nearby!

Blog Entries
    Absolutely James!
    But I'm sure you weren't completely coerced in Dartmouth! 😉
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Well, these did not work either.

"C:\CFS3 TOW Era I\cfs3.exe" -mtraining\Havoc Turbinlite Test.xml

"C:\CFS3 TOW Era I\cfs3.exe" -mhistorical\Blenheim NF 22 23 July 1940 spawn.xml

What did happen though was that the sound was turned off and realism set to medium.

Some one else like to try with any of their regular missions?

It may not like spaces in the mission names.

Just what I thought, so I tried again; initially in my ETO install with 1 ac . Worked like a charm. I then went and tried with 2 single era installs. This time the missions loaded but

- again sound turned off and only medium realism!
    - The mixed ac Turbinlite flight only had Havocs; no Hurricanes.

Possible starting from runway is an issue? I suspect not as the single player ac flight was starting in the air and still the sound/realism effected.

Meanwhile I might try some other installs......................

OK I have now tried this in 2 ETO and 2 non ETO installs.

-all missions now successfully start with the mission's xml having "_" inserted for any blank spaces. (and no sound/realism issues now!)
    BUT
    -whatever I seem to do the mission always have Havocs only; both in the game but also in the mb; even though the xml file shows only ! Havoc and 3 Hurricane NF's

So; has anyone else actually been successful in having a mixed player flight working using this [space]-m[mission_type_folder\your_mission.xml] system? If so perhaps you could postr the mission here for me to check, or pm/email me.

So I retried and realized I'd forgotten to add a little caveat - you must delete the Aircraft="your flight aircraft" parameter completely from the heading portion of your mission xml.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    So I retried and realized I'd forgotten to add a little caveat - you must delete the Aircraft="your flight aircraft" parameter completely from the heading portion of your mission xml.
    Yeah! That seemed to do it. Thanks Dan; I was about to try desperate measure of having 2 flights with identical wp's and see if the ai Havoc would light up a bomber for the player's Hurris!

I'll add to the knowledge base.

OK I have now come across a very interesting issue with a mixed aircraft players flight. The Havoc Turbinlite won't work, nor will the Hurricanes attack!

I checked with all the same aircraft in the missions and all works fine then. I somehow imagine this is going to be a difficult issue!

Is the Havoc set up as a fighter_bomber? If not the AI might not be sure what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Is the Havoc set up as a fighter_bomber? If not the AI might not be sure what to do.
    In the Havoc xdp says "Category="fighter_bomber"" which is the same as for the ETO_Huri_Mk2C.xdp

The missions is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!--Combat Flight Sim mission-->
    <Mission>
    <Params Version="3.0" Directive="bomber_intercept" Country="Britain" Airbase="tane136" Date="12/6/1941" Time="23:00" Weather="OFFscatteredclouds7.xml" Multiplayer="y" MultiplayerOnly="n"/>
    <Title>Havoc_Turbinlite_Test_short</Title>
    <SubTitle>Havoc_Turbinlite_Test_short</SubTitle>
    <AirFormation ID="6000" Directive="bomber_intercept" Country="Britain" Skill="3" FormType="lineabreast" OffsetScaleFactor="2">
    <Unit ID="9471" Type="havoc_i" IsPlayer="y" Skill="3"/>
    <Unit ID="9472" Type="ETO_Huri_Mk2C" Skill="3"/>
    <Unit ID="9473" Type="ETO_Huri_Mk2C" Skill="2"/>
    <Unit ID="9474" Type="ETO_Huri_Mk2C" Skill="2"/>
    <Route ID="5000">
    <Waypoint Type="turn" Speed="123.466666666667" IsWarpable="n" Lat="N51*21'22.3816&quot;" Lon="W0*2'35.0140&quot;" Alt="4571.99"/>
    <Waypoint Type="turn" Speed="128.611111111111" IsWarpable="n" Lat="N51*25'27.0365&quot;" Lon="E0*5'55.5485&quot;" Alt="4571.99"/>
    <Waypoint Type="turn" Speed="118.322222222222" IsWarpable="n" Lat="N51*20'3.7385&quot;" Lon="E0*11'3.7638&quot;" Alt="4571.99"/>
    <Waypoint Type="turn" Speed="90.5422222222222" IsWarpable="n" Lat="N50*55'7.4925&quot;" Lon="W0*36'56.2524&quot;" Alt="1523.99"/>
    <Waypoint Type="landing" Speed="90.5422222222222" IsWarpable="n" Lat="N50*50'53.4012&quot;" Lon="W0*42'16.1999&quot;" Alt="6736.00"/>
    </Route>
    </AirFormation>
    <Facilities>
    <Facility ID="9470" Type="Blitz_Patrol_Box" Lat="N51*25'30.4235&quot;" Lon="E0*6'1.2766&quot;" heading="0" Country="Germany" Spawns="Blitz_patrolbox.spawns" IsOneShot="y"/>
    </Facilities>
    </Mission>

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi James, you could try a couple of things. Firstly, have the Waypoint type closest to the target changed from turn to "intercept".

And a long shot, check what loadout in the aircraft xdps for the hurris and the havoc have a Missiontype="bomber_intercept"

Well my mission is bomber intercept. Also there is only a spawn as a target which may effect the mission parameters. However I will try the mission in other installs as I am a bit suspicious of the install I used for this as it has produced anomalies before; know idea why!

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Hi James, you could try a couple of things. Firstly, have the Waypoint type closest to the target changed from turn to "intercept".

And a long shot, check what loadout in the aircraft xdps for the hurris and the havoc have a Missiontype="bomber_intercept"
    Well; I changed the wp to intercept. I added Missiontype="bomber_intercept" to the Havoc but the Hurricanes already had it.

Now, the Havoc still would not 'fire' in a mixed flight, nor would the Hurricanes attack a tabbed enemy. What's more confusing, neither ac type would attack a tabbed enemy even in a non mixed flight!

I will investigate with different ac both single and mixed types to see if that makes any difference.

Aircraft recognition is always a little difficult on a dark night, especially between types that were commonly confused. But those partly-illuminated target aircraft in the screenies you posted look suspiciously like Blenheims not Ju88s to me, deep nacelles but stubby tailplanes...which would certainly explain a reluctance to shoot down the beggars.

What happens if you conduct the trial in daylight - make any difference?

Members who have read this thread: 0