I could use some help from somebody with a chainsaw!

Thread: I could use some help from somebody with a chainsaw!

Question I could use some help from somebody with a chainsaw!

I thought I only had this problem in my garden, but is exists in the virtual world as well.

For some time I hadn't flown from Ian Elliott's Hagenau. But when I arrived there today I saw the weed had grown all over the place. It must have happened quite fast as all the night fighters were still at the platforms.......................

I have tried to de- and re-install the scenery, I have reloaded all scenery, but the trees remain there. I did not have this problem before and I don't have this problem at other airfields by Ian. Does anyone knows a quick and easy solution to get rid of these trees?

Cheers,
    Huub

EXC Builder, you can easily create an exclude bgl

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/re...excbuilder.87/

Ttfn

Pete

Thanks Pete, I knew there was a nice tool for it, but as I never needed it I didn't really pay attention when it was mentioned...............
    But downloading now!

Cheers,
    Huub

Question

Hi Huub,
    Those trees look very detailed for standard trees, are they standard?

It may be that Ian has the density settings for that scenery to be on low, and you have it cranked up high...try reducing scenery density and see what happens. As Pete says easy to do an exclude or Ian may do a quick one for you....I bet he has the time..ha ha.

Cheers

Shessi

Hi Huub, try unzipping this into your Hag/scenery folder.
    Your shots look a bit strange, Are you fast growing super trees growing just at Hag or at any other of my scenery's. I have a standard install for ground poly's, i changed the sky, clouds and water texture's when i came back to FS9, but i kept the rest stock. I use an "Irrigated Grassland with no Auto gen" ground poly in Sbiulder FS9 for most of my airfield backgrounds, so im not sure where your Woodlands have come from.

Good for the environment, but bad for flying
    Attached Files Attached Files

@Motormouse: It has been an interesting journey. Obviously the program was not made with Windows10 in mind. So after an very interesting journey trough my registry I can finally start the program. I have found a nice illustrated tutorial made by David "Opa" Marshall, which method however requires additional software again.

@Shessi: The trees are high definition trees which can be found at avsim or here: https://www.fs2000.org/2012/05/01/fs...lations-trees/.

@ Ian Elliot: Thanks, I don't have any problems with your other scenery. And when I originally installed Hagenau, I didn't have the problem as well. It might well be as Shessi suggested the density setting of the autogen.
    As you can see below the .bgl file did its work!

Thanks all,
    Huub

Lightbulb

I did speak too quick as Achmer is suddenly overgrown with HD trees as well.

A puzzled Huub

Could your AV be quarantining some bgl files?

Desert Rat raise's an interesting point, have you still got your "O_EDXA_VTPX.BGL" and "EDXA_VTPP.BGL" in your AchmerFS9/scenery folder.

Thanks your support, but as you can see below the files are all there...........

BTW I have succeeded to exclude the trees, with ExcBuilderV2 (00_Achmer.bgl).

cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0