Iris aircraft Free for limted time

Thread: Iris aircraft Free for limted time

Iris aircraft Free for limted time

I just downloaded the Iris A-10 Warthog at no charge courtesy of Iris. This is a fantastic rendering of the aircraft and the package offers some very well-done variations. This offer is good through May for their entire aircraft library. Thank you so much, IRIS!

Iris Simulations

Wow that's a pretty impressive offer. I just checked their website and it's showing quite a few freebies. Thanks for the heads up on this.
    Happy Flying.

David Phillips

Yes it is really a generous gesture from IRIS, but unfortunately
    I can't get into my account and all emails and all my efforts to get in contact failed so far.
    It's very sad, but they probably are very busy at the moment.
    So lets hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Yes it is really a generous gesture from IRIS, but unfortunately
    I can't get into my account and all emails and all my efforts to get in contact failed so far.
    It's very sad, but they probably are very busy at the moment.
    So lets hope.
    Unfortunately the same issue for me. It's been weeks now.
    Don't know why they haven't responded ?

Gary

Kudos to Iris , free is good , but I can never get their web page to settle down long enough went promted with the mouse ,the home page jumps uncontrollably. This has been the case since their offer was put on the table .

Anybody else had a similar experience ?

Regards

Sure have, I just gave up trying access there web site.

I had to reset my account password, but after that downloads went fine.

Appreciate the a/c IRIS!

Odie

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Download of Texan II went fine, file will not open. Getting following msg in dialog box: "Central and local directory mismatch for file "iris_21-driver.exe" (crc-32 - local: 5013F72B hex central: 74777E73 hex).

Requesting detailed results of last operation resulted in the following msg:

Extracting to "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\wz987d\"
    Use Path: yes Overlay Files: yes
    Extracting iris_21-driver.exe
    Central and local directory mismatch for file "iris_21-driver.exe" (crc-32)
    Severe Error: Local and central CRC values don't match.

Emailed them once about this but no reply yet. Been about 10 or so days.

I also had to reset my account password before I could get in. Another thing I noticed once I did get in: Iris has set their site so you can
    only "purchase" (for free) and download one item at a time (although you can then always go back and get another item). When I first
    tried to load up with a half a dozen items to get everything I wanted all at once, the site went a bit squirrely.

Yes, a big thanks to Iris for the free downloads. Most of the Iris planes I already had, but I had purchased all of them from Flightsim.com,
    now out of business. So this was a chance to re-register the downloads, and get any available updates, at another place.

-RobM

PS: I just went back to the Iris site, and I could now add to cart and download more than one item at a time. So I guess Iris has removed
    that restriction. I also downloaded the Iris Texan Driver, and extracted and installed to a dummy FSX folder without problem.

Members who have read this thread: 0