NASCAR Leaving North Wilkesboro

Thread: NASCAR Leaving North Wilkesboro

Lightbulb NASCAR Leaving North Wilkesboro

REALLY interesting video on why it was a bad move...

NASCAR turned its back on its roots (and core fans) in favor of chasing the big money. That will usually work well... for a while, then it doesn't. NASCAR has been in contraction mode for years now, I doubt that trend is going to end any time soon.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Indeed a VERY interesting story Ed.
    Sadly it just illustrates how $$$$ is the cause of so much NASCAR angst.
    And of course EffWun doesn't care about tradition, if North Korea or Iraq or Syria anted up big money they'd have their very own 'Grands Prix'.
    But I'd like to know how the muppets who 'built' Texas Speedway managed to botch it up so many times?
    It's only an 'Oval', and while it simplifies it somewhat, it begs the question as to how it was so poorly designed and built.

We are not immune to local governments screwing our races up and tradition be damned! The Adelaide 500 was dropped from the usual venue when the City Council decided it cost too much to run. The event has now moved (or rather the event date) a few hundred Kilometers north to a very boring and colorless circuit, with none of the charisma of the Adelaide event. It was always a great 'boys' weekend away, originally with the AGP and following on with the Supercars round. I certainly could care less about the Taylor's Bend(?) fiasco.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Watching the NASCAR iRacing at Dover and they announced that next Saturday afternoon NASCAR returns to North Wilkesboro! It will, of course, be a digital version, but still, throw back race at a throw back track.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...tional-series/
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Indeed a VERY interesting story Ed.
    Sadly it just illustrates how $$$$ is the cause of so much NASCAR angst.
    And of course EffWun doesn't care about tradition, if North Korea or Iraq or Syria anted up big money they'd have their very own 'Grands Prix'.
    But I'd like to know how the muppets who 'built' Texas Speedway managed to botch it up so many times?
    It's only an 'Oval', and while it simplifies it somewhat, it begs the question as to how it was so poorly designed and built.

We are not immune to local governments screwing our races up and tradition be damned! The Adelaide 500 was dropped from the usual venue when the City Council decided it cost too much to run. The event has now moved (or rather the event date) a few hundred Kilometers north to a very boring and colorless circuit, with none of the charisma of the Adelaide event. It was always a great 'boys' weekend away, originally with the AGP and following on with the Supercars round. I certainly could care less about the Taylor's Bend(?) fiasco.

With regards to Texas World Speedway, I don't think the layout was the issue - but rather proper maintenance and upkeep. I'll check with some of the locals here to see if they have to say about it.

Members who have read this thread: 0