CFS3 won't start anymore

Thread: CFS3 won't start anymore

CFS3 won't start anymore

Hi,

I installed a few addon aircraft (from this site) and after selecting one, I had a CTD and now the CTD happens every time I want to start up the sim.

Any help would be appreciated.

Priller

Can't say I'd be much help but you said some aircraft, which ones? Did you uninstall them and completely and try again?

With me it's more often the sound file reference.

The quickest way to get the game running again is to text edit the game.xml file.

Change ShowUIWorld="true" to ShowUIWorld="false", and it will ignore the error and start.

Then you can select another aircraft and all will be well again.

Once you've fixed the issue with the offending aircraft, you can set it back to true again.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    With me it's more often the sound file reference.

The quickest way to get the game running again is to text edit the game.xml file.

Change ShowUIWorld="true" to ShowUIWorld="false", and it will ignore the error and start.

Then you can select another aircraft and all will be well again.

Once you've fixed the issue with the offending aircraft, you can set it back to true again.
    Thanks Major!!

priller

I had this happen yesterday. I downloaded some AVH aircraft from here but when I went to use them the game crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    ...I downloaded some AVH aircraft from here but when I went to use them the game crashed.
    AvHistory models require the AvHistory weapon and effect packs installed if adding them to a standard CFS3 installation. MAW and ETO already have these as part of the expansions.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 0