Cliffs of Dover Problems

Thread: Cliffs of Dover Problems

Cliffs of Dover Problems

I recently set up Il-2 Cliffs of Dover on my Fujitsu Laptop. I already have Pacific Fighters installed and running without problem. Cliffs of Dover however has a big one! I cannot get the Control options to accept any customization or changes. No matter what I select-apply etc, it doesn't take. Consequently, I can hardly get the game to work. Any suggestions or instructions on how to accomplish this would be appreciated. Thanks

There aren't all that many in SOH play Cliffs of Dover. I should try here:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/index.php
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Hello,

You might want to change the options of the exe so that it always runs as administrator.

Hope this helps,

Priller

Fancy meeting you here!
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Check your mail mate! Just sent you a shot out of another combat sim!

Cliffs of Dover problems

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Hello,

You might want to change the options of the exe so that it always runs as administrator.

Hope this helps,

Priller
    How do I do that?

Thanks

I had the same issue a long time ago and found that the folder that holds your settings had it's permissions changed on me for some strange reason. Go to the following and see if you still have access to write files to it. A simple test would be to add a new text file.

C:\users\<username>\Documents\1C SoftClub

Check that folder and every folder under it. The ini files that should contain your settings you want is in the "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" folder. I believe the main ones start with conf that get modified.

Hope this helps as that what fixed my problem and allowed me to save my joystick settings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0