questions on Pat Pattles BOB

Thread: questions on Pat Pattles BOB

questions on Pat Pattles BOB

I have CFS3 up and running. Installed BoB, Runs fine but a couple of questions please

How can I get rid of the grey square where the gunsight should be on the ME109?

How can I get the cannons to fire on the ME109?

Also now I have BoB installed I appear to have lost the stock CFS3 aircraft missions etc. Is that correct?

Thanks

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    I remember using a gunsite from a fs_Me-109E ....or it could have been the whole cockpit from a fs_Me-109E. Don't remember.

I don't know the reason why, but the Me-109's are E-1 models which only have 4 machine guns and no cannons. By the BoB E-1's were virtually all in training units so they really should be E-3 or E-4's. You could import a later "E" model but then you might have to edit the mission file to reflect that change. Personally I'd like to import the mission files from Just Flights BoB but I understand they reference a differently modified Global file and would take a lot of editing to make it work. As for losing the CFS 3 missions, if you didn't use MultiCFS3 to create a copy of your original install before installing BoB then, yes, you have pretty much lost them, though the .xml files may be there, and you will need to make another install of the original to get them back. For the future, use Multi CFS3 to make copies of your original install before installing any other CFS3 add-ons such as ETO, MAW, Rising Sun, etc or just to have one to try out different missions or planes. If the copy gets messed up it's not a big deal, though you may lose whatever you installed there, but you always have the original to make another copy to try again.
    Last edited by johannesl; April 30th, 2020 at 12:14. Reason: Add content

Loss of stock aircraft happened to me too, after using the recommended install method (copy of a clean, patched CSF3 folder, then using multiCFS3). It is deliberate I believe, as it stops inappropriate aircraft spawning eg on airfields. Some of the stock missions are there but they are flagged 'do not fly' (because the aircraft and other items are no longer there, presumably).

I just installed the BoB alpha mod yesterday and it's impressive in many respects...

...although there are issues for me with one or two of the included 109s, including the grey square on the windshield and this:

I totally agree. The Mod is superb. I have now managed to get all the stock aircraft in.

I wanted them there so I could fly them from the authentic looking airfields in BoB.

I rarely fly campaigns so incorrect spawns is not an issue for me.

I agree about the lack of gunsight in some of the BF109's.

There are work around apparently but as I am to computer technology what Adolf Hitler was to a pacifist I can't correct much!

The mod isn't finished yet. I remember seeing a Dover harbour model that Pat was developing for the mod and that was a while back, then.......... nothing. Hopefully with all the interest shown in this mod it will be updated and finished sooner rather than later. C'mon Pat me lad, it's bin bluidy years. If my emojis were working there would be a big grin here.

Quote Originally Posted by 33lima View Post
    Loss of stock aircraft happened to me too, after using the recommended install method (copy of a clean, patched CSF3 folder, then using multiCFS3). It is deliberate I believe, as it stops inappropriate aircraft spawning eg on airfields. Some of the stock missions are there but they are flagged 'do not fly' (because the aircraft and other items are no longer there, presumably).

I just installed the BoB alpha mod yesterday and it's impressive in many respects...

...although there are issues for me with one or two of the included 109s, including the grey square on the windshield and this:

I just checked, and mine does no look like that, but I have the Nov 2018 mk1 update installed over the Sep 2010 Alpha release.

CFS3 BoB Install mk1
    items added/revised/replaced

New Do24, Sunderland,Fulmar, Hudson, HE115, Skua & Tigermoth
    New variants of Spitfire, Hurricane, 109 & JU87
    New CAI aircraft
    All 109 variants xdp cannons corrected
    Improved ai chatter aircraft added
    249 sqdn Hurricane 'Tom Neal'
    Albion tanker
    Contrail ai added
    Hurricane & Spitfire cockpit updates
    Defiant gunner improved
    264 sqdn Defiant

airfield updates:
    Biggin Hill
    Cosford
    Hawkinge
    Kenley
    Littlestone
    Penhros
    Haldon
    Eastchurch
    Detling
    St Eval
    Shoreham
    Croydon
    Exeter

Field scenery tiles fixed
    New city textures
    Water textures
    London & other areas scenery

Castle
    Croydon Termnal
    Factory
    Hawkinge Fuel dump
    Redhill hanger
    Lighthouse
    Officers married quarters
    PAC crew
    Railway signals
    Tree updates
    Romney chalet
    RAF Personnel

Campaign with new ai

New/revised facilities:
    Biggin
    Croydon
    Exeter
    Supermarine factory
    Haldon
    Hawkinge
    St Just
    West Malling
    Anglesey
    Caernarvon
    Fighter factories

Missions:
    Sept 15th
    Large formation intercept
    Hurricane vs 110

Vehicles:
    Factories with smoke
    Pac gun
    Burning house
    RAF signal caravan
    QF37
    Bofors
    Smoke effects
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Looks like all links to the update have been removed on the sticky thread, on the Wix site as well I think..

Thanks MajorMagee; the links to the update here are dead, likewise on the wixsite link, apparently the update is being updated and currently unavailable.

I just broke my CFS3 bob install trying to instal MrJmaint's campaign as a mod; think I ran bobspawnselector.bat before I enabled the mod and have now deleted all for a fresh start.

Blog Entries
    The mod isn't finished yet. I remember seeing a Dover harbour model that Pat was developing for the mod and that was a while back, then.......... nothing. Hopefully with all the interest shown in this mod it will be updated and finished sooner rather than later. C'mon Pat me lad, it's bin bluidy years. If my emojis were working there would be a big grin here.
    Ok, I've started looking at the update again. It just needs a few files correcting and a couple more bits and pieces adding and it should be good to go.

It will include a load of tweaks and improvements for the campaign that Daiwilletti kindly made. It has the Dover docks and a few other such things, most of which are useless eye-candy like as the scenery around Dungeness. The bulk of the work is all of the new aircraft that Rob Stevenson did.

It won't be perfect and there's more fleshing out to do and missions to make but hopefully it will work this time!

If anyone has any missions or indeed anything that they have that could be included please let me know.

Cheers,

Clive
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

It's a great mod, and that's really great news!

I re-installed the BoB mod yesterday and started by playing one of househobbit's missions - Heinkels paying London a visit. Bl**dy tourists! Here are some of their holiday snaps.

Outward bound

In formation

Enemy coast ahead

Little friends

Target in sight

Bombs away!

YES! I am sooo happy to hear that, and eye candy can never be useless, it all adds to the immersion, and what of the great missions that can be scripted around a decent dover harbour model. If my emojis were working there would be stacks of wiggles applause and thumbs ups emojis here. Edit: I have a few missions by Bob Ruff that I edited to work with your Bob package, I'll have another look at them, and maybe create a few.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the kind words, I wish I had the skills and time to make it better.
    I had permission a long time ago from Bob to use his missions so yes please, would love to have them!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Ok, I've started looking at the update again. It just needs a few files correcting and a couple more bits and pieces adding and it should be good to go.

It will include a load of tweaks and improvements for the campaign that Daiwilletti kindly made. It has the Dover docks and a few other such things, most of which are useless eye-candy like as the scenery around Dungeness. The bulk of the work is all of the new aircraft that Rob Stevenson did.

It won't be perfect and there's more fleshing out to do and missions to make but hopefully it will work this time!

If anyone has any missions or indeed anything that they have that could be included please let me know.

Cheers,

Clive

IIRC I did some gsl corrections along the Thames ?last year. Did you get them?

Also Wulfmann had told me last year that we were welcome to play around with his missions.

I have some facilities with burning/smoking buildings if needed.

Ted and I have also done some work on airbases but I suppose most are more relevant to September on.

email if you want anything from the above!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Blog Entries
    Will do James! 👍

I believe I have all of the files needed for Wulfman's BOB mission sets if needed. I just saw them on an external hard drive the other day. Let me know if you want them.

I have Ruff's "new bob package" which contains 80+ luftwaffe and raf missions, spawns and facility files but no building models. I'm not really a fan of mission packs that require a hundred and plenty extra objects to be added so Ive removed all facilities that are not mission related, they would probably conflict with objects that are already placed at airfields by the bob install. The aircraft numbers will be increased a bit and I currently have ten reworked missions and will carry on with this until the update is ready. I've always wanted to complete the rework of these missions and this is a great motivation to do so, not to mention the fun to be had testing them. If my emojis were working there would be a smiley here...sigh. Posting permissions says smileys are on but alas, no smileys.

Who needs mere emojis, when one can signal one's enthusiasm by posting emotive images from the mod in question, such as this one? (got that emoji by typing a colon then a right bracket)

SOH-CM-2020

Editing Bob Ruff's (Wulfman's) BoB Mission Set

Quote Originally Posted by rince33 View Post
    I have Ruff's "new bob package" which contains 80+ luftwaffe and raf missions, spawns and facility files but no building models. I'm not really a fan of mission packs that require a hundred and plenty extra objects to be added so Ive removed all facilities that are not mission related, they would probably conflict with objects that are already placed at airfields by the bob install. The aircraft numbers will be increased a bit and I currently have ten reworked missions and will carry on with this until the update is ready. I've always wanted to complete the rework of these missions and this is a great motivation to do so, not to mention the fun to be had testing them. If my emojis were working there would be a smiley here...sigh. Posting permissions says smileys are on but alas, no smileys.
    Thanks Rince33, looking forward to the missions. About 5 years ago, I had a BoB install where I was doing the same thing, modifying Wulfman's epic series of Bob Missions for compatibility, and I think I got about as far as you have. IIRC, the install developed a bug which I couldn't fix/locate. This ALWAYS happens to my installs after a while.

BTW, do you use the Find/Replace option in Notepad when editing the missions? I find it great when changing the aircraft or whatever.

Also, if you can find Winmerge it is a great file comparison software, saves an awful lot of time when checking on the differences between two similar files. I can send you a copy if needed.

After editing a mission xml file or any xml file, I open the file using XML Wrench, to check the integrity of the file. It is another great time saver for finding those niggly editing errors.

Thanks 33lima, and thank You Daiwilletti for the advice. I didn't know about the notepad find/ replace option, this is going to save me so much time. I now have the latest copies of Winmerge and XML Wrench. I usually use internet explorer and text pad to check and fix file integrity.

Members who have read this thread: 2