Javier's carrier in P3DV5, no wake....

Thread: Javier's carrier in P3DV5, no wake....

Javier's carrier in P3DV5, no wake....

I installed Javier's wonderful carrier into P3DV5. Still looks amazing, after all these years! But there is no wake. Any help? Thanks, NC

Blog Entries
    Hi Pete,

I was monkeying about with some old FSX boats last night and instead of bringing over their wakes over to P3D (FSX wakes often stream "up" instead of "back" in P3D, I know how to fix that, but had no time) - so I just called for the generic large wake effect. (I'm not at my sim pc at the moment, but it's something like "wake_l") - you can play with wakes in the boat's sim.cfg. Unless the wake is modelled, which I believe some of the payware boats have). But in the Javier Nimitz case, I think you should be able to add your own.

It's not an eye-wateringly gorgeous wake, and there's probably better ones, but if you're just testing like I was, it might "tide" you through ...

I'm getting a wake right out of the box. Kind of a wonky start (image below) and there was no [Effects] section in the sim.cfg file so P3D might be using a built in setting?

This is what I expected to find:
    Code:
    [Effects]
    wake = fx_wake_carrier
    I also noticed an effect named "fx_wakeBow_carrier.fx". That might be an interesting add.
    Can anyone shed light on how to have two wake effect files at the same time? I've just never tried it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JF_Nimitz_P3Dv5_wake.jpg  

I was playing with many of the carriers in V4 and it was common for the wakes to not be visible if defined in the sim.cfg file, I usually had to add it using ModelConvertX, here is part of a discussion we had about it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1202518
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 0