How to edit .air file?

Thread: How to edit .air file?

How to edit .air file?

Maybe it's a simple question for some but developer of one model didnt reply from more than few days.

The problem is the speed in cruise flight, in FM model is too slow simply, like engine is underpowered for -24% so it's quite a big difference from the real thing.

Maybe drag of model is too high or engine is underpowered.

What can I do for this? Thank you for any advice .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

There used to be a editor out for freeware called "airedit" it would open and translate the c++ code in the into headers and numbers. I'm not sure if it is around much now. I have a commercial editor for that kind of file.

See if it is one flightsim.com it would be for fs98 to fs2002. Abacus had one as well but it too mysteriously went MIA.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

You can edit the aircraft.cfg file with Notepad and change power scalar, parasite drag scalar or thrust scalar and tons of other stuff having to do with the flight model. PM me and maybe I can help.

Blog Entries
    Airwrench

https://www.flight1.com/products.asp

It will allow you to build and modify flight characteristics like you need.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I use Aircraft Airfile Manager (V2.2). I this link appears to be correct:

https://www.fs2000.org/addons/aamv22.zip

For what you want to do, you may be able to modify the aircraft.cfg to achieve it like Wells said in post #3
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Something here at simviation...

Scroll about half way down to "FSX/FS2004 AirEd Revised".

and of course... https://www.aero.sors.fr/fsairfile.html

Hope this helps.

Thank You! I’ll try to something with this.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas J Wood View Post
    I have a commercial editor for that kind of file.
    Which one?

Though things like AirEd etc can be used to modify the .air file, I'm fairly sure that anything that's set in the .air file is over-ridden by the relevant parameter in the aircraft.cfg file.

I could be wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Golding View Post
    Though things like AirEd etc can be used to modify the .air file, I'm fairly sure that anything that's set in the .air file is over-ridden by the relevant parameter in the aircraft.cfg file.

I could be wrong though
    Generally the reverse is the case.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Generally the reverse is the case.
    Generally not. It's always been the case that if the information is in both files, it's that in the cfg file that will be used.

See https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/cfg-parameters-moved-to-air-files.442323/

That thread refers to old parameters which, prior to FSX, were contained only in the .air file and now occur in the aircraft.cfg file. IF thry still occur in the .air file, then yes, they are obsolete and the .cfg value is used.

I could be wrong though.

The cfg file overrides any matching flight model parameter in the air file, but the cfg file contains only a few parameters of the flight model. To change things such as cylinder head temperature range, oil pressure, etc., you must modify the air file.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 2