Moving in to P3D V4.5

Thread: Moving in to P3D V4.5

Moving in to P3D V4.5

I have installed a scenery into P3D V4.5 that I've used since FSX and it was made by a dear friend that passed away few years ago. Perhaps you have heard of him
    Randy Daniell he did the KNQA Millington scenery back around 2015. He added some AI P3's from MAIW and added a traffic file for the P3s. This all works fine in FSX
    and later P3D V3.4 but now in P3D V4.5, the scenery is not bad but the P3's landing gears are not showing.

Any suggestion on a remedy?

Yap - those are FS9 legacy models and work fine up to P3Dv3.+, but not in P3Dv4.+ anymore.

Have a look at the MAIW site, there you can find all models converted to FSX native/ P3D native - means they work fine in 4.+ as well...

EDIT: Just found these, hope this helps:

https://militaryaiworks.com/download...ily-conversion
    Best regards, Manfred.

Hi Butch,

probably the AI Orions aren't native FSX AI, but rather ported FS9 AI's. If you would look for the MAIW native FSX Orions, it should work. And hoping the repaints work of course. When installing the Orions, make sure their entries in the respective aricraft.cfg files are exactly the same as in the original ones that Randy provided.

And yes, of course some of us here remember Randy. Without a doubt the sweetest guy I've ever came across on the internet. I've two pictures of him: one when he was awarded the DFC and the other taken in Ubon Thailand after a night out with some Ozzie guys. Brilliant guy!

Cheers,

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Hi Butch,

probably the AI Orions aren't native FSX AI, but rather ported FS9 AI's. If you would look for the MAIW native FSX Orions, it should work. And hoping the repaints work of course. When installing the Orions, make sure their entries in the respective aricraft.cfg files are exactly the same as in the original ones that Randy provided.

And yes, of course some of us here remember Randy. Without a doubt the sweetest guy I've ever came across on the internet. I've two pictures of him: one when he was awarded the DFC and the other taken in Ubon Thailand after a night out with some Ozzie guys. Brilliant guy!

Cheers,

Priller
    Glad you remember him too. I miss him and if he was still with us, I'd ask him about the AI's and he'd most likely tell me to look on the MAIW page. I've posted the question about all this
    over there. I don't know what luck I'll have in having that issue resolved over there. But. one can hope. At least I have my P3D V3 as a backup if I want to see some of this stuff function.
    I did not know Randy had the DFC, are we talking about the same Randy that lived in Georgia?

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Yap - those are FS9 legacy models and work fine up to P3Dv3.+, but not in P3Dv4.+ anymore.

Have a look at the MAIW site, there you can find all models converted to FSX native/ P3D native - means they work fine in 4.+ as well...

EDIT: Just found these, hope this helps:

https://militaryaiworks.com/download...ily-conversion
    I got that one just a little bit ago and looked at contents. There are a lot of models in there. I'd have to think it out how I would substitute what I am using for one

of many models they have in the zip file.

Thanks for the HU.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Glad you remember him too. I miss him and if he was still with us, I'd ask him about the AI's and he'd most likely tell me to look on the MAIW page. I've posted the question about all this
    over there. I don't know what luck I'll have in having that issue resolved over there. But. one can hope. At least I have my P3D V3 as a backup if I want to see some of this stuff function.
    I did not know Randy had the DFC, are we talking about the same Randy that lived in Georgia?
    Yep,

We're talking about Sgt Randy Daniels, USAF. He also was a pastor. Or had been. He passed on his parish to his successor a few years before he passed away.

I'll send you a PM with the pictures of Randy that I have.

Cheers,

Priller

PS, if you need help to have those AI Orions show op in your scenery, PM me.

Yep,

We're talking about Sgt Randy Daniels, USAF. He also was a pastor. Or had been. He passed on his parish to his successor a few years before he passed away.

Cheers,

Priller

Thanks for the pics. I remember seeing him in the one pic in a helmet.

The P3 AI show however, not completely, minus that landing gears. Don't know if they can be converted or whatever it takes for P3D V4.5. They were of

VF-47 and were the station aircraft for that base. I had ask Randy if he could make KNQA so, he built the scenery and found the P3 AI's that were the station aircraft there.

Quite a guy.

Yep,

Cheers,

Priller

Randy was a good man and good friend. He is sorely missed!

I offered to make a scenery of his home airport, KTMA - Henry Tift Myers, Tifton, Georgia. You can find it here in the library. He then was intrigued and started modelling himself, offering us many good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Thanks for the pics. I remember seeing him in the one pic in a helmet.

The P3 AI show however, not completely, minus that landing gears. Don't know if they can be converted or whatever it takes for P3D V4.5. They were of

VF-47 and were the station aircraft for that base. I had ask Randy if he could make KNQA so, he built the scenery and found the P3 AI's that were the station aircraft there.

Quite a guy.
    Butch,

if you can get me the aircraft.cfg file of the Orion that is used with that scenery, I'll see what I can do with the FSX native Orions that I've downloaded.

Edit: in the modern FSX native MAIW P-3 orion folder, there are textures for VP-47. I think we're going to get you sorted!!

Cheers,

Priller
    Last edited by Priller; April 27th, 2020 at 07:07. Reason: found out the textures

Butch,

if you can get me the aircraft.cfg file of the Orion that is used with that scenery, I'll see what I can do with the FSX native Orions that I've downloaded.

Edit: in the modern FSX native MAIW P-3 orion folder, there are textures for VP-47. I think we're going to get you sorted!!

Cheers,

Priller
    Sent you a PM

Thanks,

Ok, so they can all have the same textures? That makes things easy!!

Cheers,

Priller

Check your PM's Butch!

Priller

Check your PM's Butch!

Priller
    I did and nothing attached.

My bad.

You've got a link now!

Priller

Much better now

Much better now,

Thanks Priller

Last edited by gray eagle; April 28th, 2020 at 08:42.

Members who have read this thread: 0