How do I adjust the wave height of the water?

Thread: How do I adjust the wave height of the water?

How do I adjust the wave height of the water?

I have spent the last hour, trying to find the menu to adjust the wave height of the water in V5. Cannot locate it. Any help here? Thanks, NC

I do not think there is one Chief. In v4.5 and before the height was dependent on the wind speed. I have not tried to see how it works in v5. I'll investigate.

Water ultra plus strong wind.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

OK here's the difference:

Wind:0

Wind:5 knots

Wind: 10 knots

Wind: 15 knots

Higher than this it gets very ugly... I still think the heights are too much, I though the same also for v4.5. White cap effect is very nicely done. In general water it is better than 4.5, however I wish they could keep the crispiness of the wave effect for greater distance. I know it helps lower the reflection at distance but I think the range of the crispiness should be greater. I tested and range of scenery detail setting does not affect this.

I was surprised to see waves this choppy yesterday, with the winds at only 2, but I believe they were gusting quite higher. I've seen some really big waves with the wind turned up to 20 gusting to 30. It may have been the same in P3Dv4, but I've noticed that the waves aren't allowed to get as big in more inland water areas, small harbors or bays, as they are in more open areas.

I've already posted these shots before, but I just like to share them again as I love the appearance of the water in this sim so much. I believe I had the winds set at 20 kts for these, flying near the ORBX scenery of Anacortes.

Maybe REX will something with this, but maybe rights for this has only nVidia ....
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for tip about wind speed, but where is that setting adjusted? From a flight plan? NC

Wind speed and direction can be adjusted at any time (even during the flight) by going to World->Weather and clicking on the "Wind" tab.

Members who have read this thread: 0