Remove grayed out scenery entries P3D V4

Thread: Remove grayed out scenery entries P3D V4

Remove grayed out scenery entries P3D V4

I have been at P3D forum seeking info on how to remove the grayed out boxes in the scenery menu and didn't find anything that helped.

In my scenery library it lists a bogus scenery file in a "New Folder" that does not exist.

In my addon.cfg I can see an entry for it as well. If I deleted it and then reopen it, the entry comes back. It is a pesky thing that I cannot seem to do away with.

addons.cfg:

[Package.0]
    PATH=C:\Users\ijdjr\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A
    ACTIVE=true
    REQUIRED=false
    [Package.1]
    PATH=C:\Users\ijdjr\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSUIPC6
    ACTIVE=true
    REQUIRED=false
    [Package.2]
    PATH=C:\Users\ijdjr\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MAIW Global Libraries <<<< If I remove this, it will come back. I can't find this folder so don't know why it is being picked up.
    ACTIVE=false
    REQUIRED=false

Appreciate any help in sorting this out. This MAIW thing was picked up yesterday when I first installed P3D V4.5 - this is crazy....

BTW My "P" drive is where is have P3D V3.4 and I looked over there and now MAIW Global Libraries there. Why P3d v4.5 would look in my "P" drive for anything
    makes me wonder.

SOH-CM-2022
    P3D is loading the MAIW scenery because they use the addon.xml method for inserting scenery in P3D.

There is a folder in your Users\your user name\Documents\Prepar3D V4 Add-ons that was created by MAIW and contains the addon.xml fil

The fact that you can't find the folder would suggest that you don't have Hidden Items checked in the View tab of File Explorer (assuming you are using Windows 10).

The folder Users\your user name\Documents is a standard folder created by Windows whenever a user is created.

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by gavinc View Post
    P3D is loading the MAIW scenery because they use the addon.xml method for inserting scenery in P3D.

There is a folder in your Users\your user name\Documents\Prepar3D V4 Add-ons that was created by MAIW and contains the addon.xml fil

The fact that you can't find the folder would suggest that you don't have Hidden Items checked in the View tab of File Explorer (assuming you are using Windows 10).

The folder Users\your user name\Documents is a standard folder created by Windows whenever a user is created.

Gavin
    Thanks for the info, I found the file mentioned in location you mentioned just before I came here. I removed it and it removed those grayed out items in the scenery menu

Why is created it in the first place is a mystery to me. An I do have Hidden items checked.
    It was checked long time ago. I do use Win 10

Thanks for your info.

Members who have read this thread: 0